Resort to host canoe championships
FELIXSTOWE is playing host to the national canoe lifeguards championships this weekend.Canoeists will be battling it out on the main beach area where they will have to undergo many different strict tests and prove their life saving skills.
By Richard Cornwell
FELIXSTOWE is playing host to the national canoe lifeguards championships this weekend.
Canoeists will be battling it out on the main beach area where they will have to undergo many different tests to prove their life-saving skills.
The organisers, the British Canoe Union Lifeguards, are hoping that by holding the annual national championships at the popular resort the event will be more high profile.
On Saturday the ten teams of competitors will show off their life-saving skills to prove who is the best in water-based and shore-based activities. They will then relax in the evening at the leisure centre for the union's AGM.
But then on the Sunday they will have to put pen to paper as they have to also sit a theory paper concerning how to deal with unknown incidents.
- 1 9 Ipswich restaurants we wish had never closed
- 2 'Quirky and memorable' name for new café and visitor centre revealed
- 3 Gucci items hidden in Asda stores across the country
- 4 'A lovely green space' - race against time to buy mini-Ipswich woodland
- 5 Ipswich man jailed for three years for attempted robbery
- 6 Emergency roadworks on busy Ipswich street to fix leaking water main
- 7 New Ipswich council houses and microhomes win awards
- 8 Judge reassures town centre is 'open for business' after robbery trial
- 9 Driver taken to hospital after two vehicle crash near Ipswich train station
- 10 Case of new Omicron Covid variant identified in Norfolk
The winners will then be presented with trophies and medals in the afternoon.