Resort to host canoe championships
FELIXSTOWE is playing host to the national canoe lifeguards championships this weekend.Canoeists will be battling it out on the main beach area where they will have to undergo many different strict tests and prove their life saving skills.
By Richard Cornwell
FELIXSTOWE is playing host to the national canoe lifeguards championships this weekend.
Canoeists will be battling it out on the main beach area where they will have to undergo many different tests to prove their life-saving skills.
The organisers, the British Canoe Union Lifeguards, are hoping that by holding the annual national championships at the popular resort the event will be more high profile.
You may also want to watch:
On Saturday the ten teams of competitors will show off their life-saving skills to prove who is the best in water-based and shore-based activities. They will then relax in the evening at the leisure centre for the union's AGM.
But then on the Sunday they will have to put pen to paper as they have to also sit a theory paper concerning how to deal with unknown incidents.
- 1 Anger as 'selfish' fly-tippers dump couch in Ipswich street
- 2 Man arrested over Cardinal Park stabbing
- 3 Matchday Recap: Town well beaten as Millwall win feisty friendly
- 4 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 5 Seafront theatre set for big improvements and balcony dining
- 6 Army helicopter lands in field near Nacton after developing fault
- 7 Warning of lightning strikes across Suffolk as stormy weather continues
- 8 26 valuable coins you might have at home
- 9 Where are Suffolk’s outstanding schools?
- 10 Ipswich man in court accused of setting light to car
The winners will then be presented with trophies and medals in the afternoon.