Retribution leads to court appearence

AN Ipswich father and daughter who sought family retribution are on suspended sentences today after admitting affray.

AN Ipswich father and daughter who sought family retribution are on suspended sentences today after admitting affray.

Anthony Haynes, of Shackleton Road, and Annemarie Haynes, of Old Foundry Road, were arrested after an outbreak of violence at the Chema Pizza takeaway in Queen Way, which began at 11pm on October 18 last year.

At their Ipswich Crown Court sentencing, prosecutor Andrew Shaw said an argument started outside the fast food outlet between Miss Haynes, 19, and a man waiting to pick his daughter up from work.

The shop's owner Yusef Erdal went out to keep the peace, but when he went back inside a group of people who had gathered outside, came into his premises.

Many did not want food and he asked them to leave. Mr Erdal's wife Besey, was at the door to ensure they did not return, when Miss Haynes tried to push her way inside and a struggled ensued.

Mr Erdal kicked Miss Haynes in the leg to protect his wife. A three-way struggle began and blows were exchanged.

Most Read

Miss Haynes left the shop saying she was going to get her father, returning with him and her brother Joshua.

Mr Haynes arrived carrying a piece of wood, which Mr Shaw described as being like a police truncheon. He pushed the Erdals, who had employed him previously and he considered friends, against a wall and threatened them.

Miss Haynes was trying to punch the husband and wife, and blows were again exchanged.

When Pc Neil Smith, a police dog handler, arrived shortly afterwards he found all the Haynes' shouting and screaming at the people in the shop, the court heard. They then turned on him.

Pc Smith left the shop and got his dog. The Haynes' moved off along Queen's Way and were challenged by the dog. Other officers arrived and Mr Haynes began abusing and threatening them, while his daughter also swore.

A violent struggle broke out with Mr Haynes, leading to Pc Smith falling to the ground where he sustained rib and skin injuries.

Mr Haynes, who has been in court 16 times for 62 offences since 1974, and his daughter, who has two previous convictions for public order offences, were arrested. They admitted the affray at an earlier hearing.

Recorder Martyn Levett sentenced them to 16 weeks detention and custody each, suspended for two years. Miss Haynes was put on a supervision order for 12 months and told she must do 100 hours unpaid work.

Her father was given a six-month supervision order and must also do 100 hours unpaid work.

The court heard Joshua Haynes was cautioned for his part in the fracas.