Review: Kim Wilde at Ipswich Regent
- Credit: Archant
Kim Wilde’s return to the UK touring circuit has been a long time in coming, but it was definitely worth the wait.
Opening her ‘Here Come the Aliens’ tour at Ipswich Regent Kim looked confident and relaxed on stage: her sparkling cat suit glistening as she whipped up the crowd with a mixture of charts hits and new material.
There is sometimes the concern that artists sharing new material in such a long career are unhappy or reluctant to air older songs.
That wasn’t the case for Kim Wilde: her set list was varied and appealed to all types of fan from the obsessive to the more casual.
Her new material proved to be a hit with the audience with her distinctive voice still coming across through a more grown up sound.
You may also want to watch:
The show was a real family affair as her brother Ricky and his daughter Scarlett formed an integral part of both the new album and Kim’s band on the night.
A quick note must be made on the stage lighting which perfectly emulated what an alien craft could look like without being too over the top.
- 1 Woman injured in crash on main road into Ipswich
- 2 ‘Bubbly’ teenager reported being raped the night she died
- 3 Former Ipswich bank premises snapped up
- 4 Plans submitted to transform former Ipswich office into 75 flats
- 5 Teenager detained by police in Ipswich over attempts to flee Audi crash
- 6 Cyclist taken to hospital after bus fails to stop at scene of crash
- 7 Police seize counterfeit perfume from Ipswich street trader
- 8 Teen guilty of 'frenzied' knife attack on sleeping woman
- 9 Ipswich man jailed for more than 5 years for running 'mouse' drug line
- 10 Hair salon and cocktail bar opening new Suffolk site as demand 'goes bananas'
By the end of the night Kim - now draped with a fabulous silver cape - had the entire crowd on its feet in a rousing and slightly more rock-based version of Kids in America.
A great evening to be sure.