Review: Kim Wilde at Ipswich Regent
- Credit: Archant
Kim Wilde’s return to the UK touring circuit has been a long time in coming, but it was definitely worth the wait.
Opening her ‘Here Come the Aliens’ tour at Ipswich Regent Kim looked confident and relaxed on stage: her sparkling cat suit glistening as she whipped up the crowd with a mixture of charts hits and new material.
There is sometimes the concern that artists sharing new material in such a long career are unhappy or reluctant to air older songs.
That wasn’t the case for Kim Wilde: her set list was varied and appealed to all types of fan from the obsessive to the more casual.
Her new material proved to be a hit with the audience with her distinctive voice still coming across through a more grown up sound.
You may also want to watch:
The show was a real family affair as her brother Ricky and his daughter Scarlett formed an integral part of both the new album and Kim’s band on the night.
A quick note must be made on the stage lighting which perfectly emulated what an alien craft could look like without being too over the top.
- 1 Brunch trip leaves friend group 'anxious' after spiking fears
- 2 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 3 Matchday Recap: Celina wins it for Town and sends Portman Road wild
- 4 Crime map shows locations of weapons offences in Ipswich
- 5 Former Ipswich teacher appears in court charged with historic sex offences
- 6 Supermarket switch opens door to new Ipswich Lidl
- 7 Man caused £26k worth of damage after setting fire to van and car
- 8 First look inside Ipswich's new Geek Retreat games cafe
- 9 Well-known Felixstowe bookseller to retire and hand over to vinyl store
- 10 London man who travelled to meet decoy teen to stand trial
By the end of the night Kim - now draped with a fabulous silver cape - had the entire crowd on its feet in a rousing and slightly more rock-based version of Kids in America.
A great evening to be sure.