Rival sisters to shave heads at halftime in East Anglian derby at Portman Road
- Credit: SIMON FINLAY
Two sisters supporting East Anglia’s biggest footballing rivals are taking part in a charity headshave this month.
Portman Road will be the venue of the headshave for Ipswich Town fan Katie Boothe and her sister, Norwich City fan Beth Howman, during halftime of the first East Anglian derby this season.
Mrs Boothe will be raising funds for Macmillan Cancer Support, while Miss Howman will be shaving her hair off to benefit East Anglia’s Children’s Hospices.
Mrs Boothe said she followed in her mother’s footsteps, while Miss Howman was influenced by her father’s support of the Norfolk team, who were relegated from the Premier League last season.
Miss Howman said: “I’m looking forward to it, I think it will be good. We hope it will liven up the atmosphere.”
You may also want to watch:
To donate, visit www.justgiving.com/fundraising/Katie-Boothe and www.justgiving.com/fundraising/Bethany-Howman2
- 1 Supermarket switch opens door to new Ipswich Lidl
- 2 Former Ipswich teacher appears in court charged with historic sex offences
- 3 Work finally starts on the Ipswich Garden Suburb after decades of debate
- 4 Well-known Felixstowe bookseller to retire and hand over to vinyl store
- 5 Police want to trace man in connection with Waterfront sexual assault
- 6 Man accused of Ipswich stabbing refuses to leave cell to enter plea
- 7 No need to wait for booster invitation - clarification after Covid jab confusion
- 8 70-year-old woman arrested in connection with human trafficking offences
- 9 15-year-old boy to face trial over alleged Ipswich stabbing
- 10 Major Ipswich road partially blocked after crash involving Audi and Mercedes