Road closures next week
MOTORISTS travelling into Ipswich are today warned about an emergency road closure in the town next week.Fore Street will be closed to traffic between the junctions with Upper Orwell Street and Star Lane from Monday until further notice.
MOTORISTS travelling into Ipswich are today warned about an emergency road closure in the town next week.
Fore Street will be closed to traffic between the junctions with Upper Orwell Street and Star Lane from Monday until further notice.
The emergency closure will be in place to allow gas pipeline company National Grid to repair a 24 inch gas main beneath the road following reports of a gas escape at midnight on Tuesday .
The area has been made safe and engineers are monitoring the site. The temporary road closure is required to enable them to repair the pipe which runs along the centre of Fore Street.
The road will remain open to pedestrians and shoppers and access to shops will be maintained. Residents and businesses are being informed of the closure and bus operators Ipswich Bus and First Eastern have adjusted their routes.
A spokeswoman for the National Grid said at this stage it is not known exactly how long the work will take to complete but they will keep drivers and local people informed of developments.
- 1 'I slept at the store' - Teen queues for 14 hours as Tim Hortons opens
- 2 Man with foot fetish jailed for sexually assaulting women
- 3 CCTV appeal after cash stolen from ATM dispensing tray at Ipswich store
- 4 Man dies following single vehicle crash near Ipswich
- 5 Van driver in his 20s dies in Elmswell crash
- 6 First look inside Ipswich's new Tim Hortons ahead of opening
- 7 Dog rescued from flat fire
- 8 A14 closed overnight as lorry overturns in multi-vehicle pile up
- 9 'Vile violation of trust' - son hits out after carer stole £1,700 from mum
- 10 Politicians make Ipswich a third division town
Drivers will be diverted along A1156 Star Lane, Waterworks Street, Bond Street and St Helen's Street, rejoining Upper Orwell Street.