Robber shoots man and escapes with cash
AN ARMED robber shot a security guard in the leg and stole a cash box containing thousands of pounds in Laindon, Essex.The incident happened at about 9.20pm.
AN ARMED robber shot a security guard in the leg and stole a cash box containing thousands of pounds in Laindon, Essex.
The incident happened at about 9.15pm yesterday outside Tesco store in Mandeville Way just as the security guard was about to load the ATM.
After shooting the guard, the robber then snatched the cash box and made off. The man was taken to hospital but his injuries are not thought to be serious.
Police and sniffer dogs arrived at the scene and a scent was picked up which led to a nearby lake.
You may also want to watch:
The robber is described as a white man, 5ft 10ins, and was wearing a black bomber jacket and a multi-coloured hat. The cash box contained an anti-theft device so it is possible the culprit could have been contaminated with red dye.
If you saw anything and can help police with enquiries, call Basildon Police on 0300 3334444 or Crimestoppers on 0800 5551111.
- 1 Ambulance service apologises after woman left lying on Cornhill for 2 hours
- 2 How Ipswich are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 3 Brunch trip leaves friend group 'anxious' after spiking fears
- 4 Crime map shows locations of weapons offences in Ipswich
- 5 Business units set to be converted into new seafront flats
- 6 Trial set for man who robbed mum of her handbag
- 7 Holly holding onto new hope in eating disorder recovery process
- 8 'Kind and gentle' retired Ipswich Hospital orthopaedic consultant dies
- 9 Documentary on former world’s fattest man Paul Mason set to air
- 10 Andy's Angles: Six observations after Ipswich Town's 2-1 win over Fleetwood