Safety advice for amorous couples this Valentine’s Day from Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service
- Credit: citizenside.com
Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service is warning people to take precautions when planning anything romantic this Valentine’s Day.
The emergency service has taken to Facebook today to issue several safety notices.
Messages have ranged on being careful when using hair dryers or straighteners when getting ready for an amorous night out to being safe when using tea lights around a bath.
One post said: “When cooking, take care if you’re wearing loose clothing-they can easily catch fire. Burn with flames of passion, not actual flames!! #V-Day.”
Another said: “Show someone you care this #Valentinesday test your smoke alarm! It could save yours and your loved ones life! #testit4the1ulove.”
You may also want to watch:
The most recent said: “Dining in tonight? Just make sure your smoke alarm works before you start cooking that special meal #ValentinesDay.”
What do you think of Valentine’s Day? Leave your messages below.
- 1 Ambulance service apologises after woman left lying on Cornhill for 2 hours
- 2 How Ipswich are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 3 Brunch trip leaves friend group 'anxious' after spiking fears
- 4 Crime map shows locations of weapons offences in Ipswich
- 5 Business units set to be converted into new seafront flats
- 6 Documentary on former world’s fattest man Paul Mason set to air
- 7 'Kind and gentle' retired Ipswich Hospital orthopaedic consultant dies
- 8 Trial set for man who robbed mum of her handbag
- 9 Holly holding onto new hope in eating disorder recovery process
- 10 Man arrested following Ipswich sexual assault