On your marks! Santa fun run for hospitals to return this Christmas
- Credit: Archant
The annual Santa Fun Run in support of Ipswich and Colchester Hospitals will return this year - after going virtual in 2020.
Hundreds of festive fundraisers are expected to join in the annual event at Colchester's Castle Park on Sunday, December 5, in aid of the Colchester and Ipswich Hospitals Charity.
Participants can run, jog or walk the 5km or 3km routes around the park and raise money for the ward, department or appeal that means most to them.
Those who register to take part by November 1 will get a 10% discount on their joining fee.
Everyone taking part will get a free Santa suit on the day included in their fee, including special outfits for children.
Last year's event couldn't go ahead as normal due to Covid restrictions, but the virtual run, with people taking part in their own home areas, proved a big success and raised more than £10,000.
- 1 Thousands of cigarettes seized after HMRC officers raid Ipswich stores
- 2 Gambling addict stole £25k from elderly woman she befriended
- 3 New store opens in California fulfilling owner's dream
- 4 Snow possible overnight as 50mph gusts set to arrive in Suffolk
- 5 County lines dealer jailed for six years for drug offences in Ipswich
- 6 'Definitely worth it' - Late night shoppers turn out in Ipswich
- 7 8 things to do with friends and family in Suffolk this weekend
- 8 Man taken to hospital after being stabbed in chest and arms
- 9 Kesgrave GP bookings start online after making appointments proves hard
- 10 Pensioner who was racially abusive has jail sentence cut