Say cheers with Northgate
TWO Northgate "old girls" have put out the call to muster up former classmates to join them at a reunion drink this month.Heather Mitchell (nee Winter) and Janet Smith (nee Lucas) were pupils at the Ipswich school from 1948 until 1953 and they are hoping to meet up again with others there at that time.
TWO Northgate "old girls" have put out the call to muster up former classmates to join them at a reunion drink this month.
Heather Mitchell (nee Winter) and Janet Smith (nee Lucas) were pupils at the Ipswich school from 1948 until 1953 and they are hoping to meet up again with others there at that time.
Heather said that two of their pals are coming home from America on a visit and it seemed appropriate to try and get some other familiar faces to the Royal George, Colchester Road in Ipswich at the same time.
"We want to make their visit really memorable and a reunion of girls they will remember from school would be ideal.
"So if anyone would like to get reacquainted with Leo (nee Yates) and Brenda (nee Farrow) plus Janet and me too, that would be great," she said.
Other names that spring to Heather's mind include Margaret Flory, Maureen Glading, Cynthia Roper, Joy Welsh and teacher Miss Watson.
- 1 Man in 40s stabbed at town centre multi-storey car park
- 2 Fuel protests: Twelve miles of queues reported on A12
- 3 Ellie makes impressive prom entrance - in a truck
- 4 Tent, kitchen units and bedding dumped in 'unsightly' fly-tipping
- 5 Ipswich man, 27, arrested after stabbing in Bury St Edmunds car park
- 6 Man order to sign sex offenders' registers for possessing indecent images
- 7 Jailed in June: The Suffolk criminals locked up last month
- 8 15 of the best photos from Ipswich Music Day 2022
- 9 Interactive map reveals the Suffolk neighbourhoods with highest Covid rates
- 10 Woman in 30s seriously injured after crash in south Suffolk
If you were a pupil at Northgate during that period either contact Heather Mitchell on 01206 392804 or Janet Smith on 01473 422374. The drinks reunion is from 7pm on Thursday, February 21.
n If you are planning a school reunion, why not get in touch with Old School Ties, The Evening Star, 30, Lower Brook Street, Ipswich, IP4 1AN or e-mail: email@example.com