School celebrates top marks
PUPILS and staff at Kesgrave High School are today celebrating after they received one of the best Ofsted reports in the country.The school in Main Road was given the highest accolade in the report, as it was labelled “outstanding” by inspectors in 37 areas out of a possible 39, making it one of the best reports within the UK.
PUPILS and staff at Kesgrave High School are today celebrating after they received one of the best Ofsted reports in the country.
The school in Main Road was given the highest accolade in the report, as it was labelled “outstanding” by inspectors in 37 areas out of a possible 39, making it one of the best reports within the UK.
The report stated: “Kesgrave High School is an outstanding school. It provides an excellent learning environment, in which students enjoy their education and thrive.
“Parents praise the school for the quality of their children's education and the constant drive to improve standards still further.”
James Milbourne and Jo Cozens, head boy and head girl, said in a joint statement: “The really positive atmosphere among students in the school, along with strong support from parents has been reflected really well in the report.
“The relationship between teachers and students in the school is very positive and Ofsted have appreciated the fantastic day-to-day efforts made by the teachers, in making sure that the school continues to do such an excellent job.
- 1 Ipswich man charged with string of sexual offences
- 2 Could you offer one of these rescue animals their forever home in Suffolk?
- 3 Revealed: All the places crimes were reported in Ipswich in April
- 4 Tributes paid to 'calm and caring' grassroots football stalwart 'Mr Exiles'
- 5 Swimming pool at primary school open again after two years
- 6 Popular Ipswich motorcycle show to return for 30th year
- 7 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 8 'They saved our boy's life' - Fundraiser for hospital that helped little Rocco
- 9 7 walks in Suffolk with a stunning view
- 10 Baby porpoise washes up at Suffolk beach
“We are proud to be part of such a fantastic school community and feel that the outstanding report that Ofsted have awarded us is a very accurate reflection of Kesgrave High School.”
Nigel Burgoyne, head teacher, added: “We are delighted to receive such a warm accolade from Ofsted, which graded all aspects of the school as outstanding. The lead inspector was particularly impressed with the maturity and creativity of our students, praising their enthusiasm for learning and excellent behaviour.”
Has your organisation achieved something special? Write to Your Letters, Evening Star, 30 Lower Brook Street, Ipswich, IP4 1AN, or e-mail email@example.com