School is given top marks
EAST BERGHOLT: Staff at a Suffolk school are celebrating after receiving an impressive Ofsted report.
Inspectors judged East Bergholt VC Primary School to be good with many outstanding features.
Elements judged to be outstanding included the effectiveness of care, guidance and support, the extent to which pupils adopt healthy lifestyles and the ways pupils contribute to the school and wider community. Head teacher Lee Abbott, who joined the school in 2007, said: “I’m particularly pleased that the thematic creative curriculum which staff have embedded throughout the school has had positive effects on the children’s learning and motivation.
“Myself, the school governors and staff are very pleased with the outcomes of the Ofsted and SIAS reports, and plans for continued improvement in the future are firmly in place.”
In a letter to the children, Ofsted lead inspector Chris Moodie stated: “Your school is a very happy place in which teachers and support staff take exceptionally good care of you. You make good progress because you work hard and your teachers provide you with interesting work to do. The new curriculum is very popular and has helped you to be more independent in lessons.”
East Bergholt also had a National Society Statutory Inspection of Anglican Schools Report.
The report considered the strengths of the school to be: “The school’s Christian ethos, which sustains the happy relationships between pupils, staff and governors; the unique flexible and innovative curriculum, which encourages pupils to become autonomous learners, and the international links between the school and the Buh-umba primary school in Uganda.”
- 1 Fuel protests: Twelve miles of queues reported on A12
- 2 Man in 40s stabbed at town centre multi-storey car park
- 3 15 of the best photos from Ipswich Music Day 2022
- 4 Keys secured as 'Goliath' £1.2m needed to restore burned down church
- 5 Interactive map reveals the Suffolk neighbourhoods with highest Covid rates
- 6 Jailed in June: The Suffolk criminals locked up last month
- 7 Road closed and person trapped in car after crash
- 8 Man order to sign sex offenders' registers for possessing indecent images
- 9 Travellers pitch up at park in Ipswich
- 10 Macauley Bonne: Town is not a closed book... I've got unfinished business
n Has your school got something to be proud of? Write to Your Letters, The Evening Star, 30 Lower Brook Street, Ipswich, IP4 1AN or send an e-mail to eveningstarletters@ eveningstar.co.uk