Schoolboy hit in face by stranger
A TEENAGE boy has today told of his horror after a stranger barged in to his family's home and punched him in the face.Adam Murdy, 13, was attacked after his family's dog had been taken out of their house and run free, biting the man as he walked down the road.
A TEENAGE boy has today told of his horror after a stranger barged in to his family's home and punched him in the face.
Adam Murdy, 13, was attacked after his family's dog had been taken out of their house and run free, biting the man as he walked down the road.
Adam, a pupil at Thurleston High School, said: “The man was banging on the door and shouting at my mum and I tried to get him to calm down.
“I told him that she would not come to the door if he kept shouting but he got really angry and just flew in and punched me.
You may also want to watch:
“I didn't see it coming and the next thing I knew I had been knocked right through from the hall in to the front room.”
Adam suffered a cut lip and a bruised temple from the punch.
- 1 62-year-old arrested following incident in Ipswich town centre
- 2 The Walk in Ipswich town centre cordoned off by police
- 3 Life sentence for man who stabbed and left woman in field near Ipswich
- 4 'I'm very lucky' – Ipswich biker-chef lost arm and hand in A14 crash
- 5 Ipswich's Covid infection rate now the highest in England
- 6 'Devious' Ipswich doctor jailed for sending fake texts to flatmate
- 7 Ipswich Town fan banned from Portman Road for racially abusing player
- 8 Ipswich in shock after waterfront sexual assault
- 9 Trucker ran eBay scam selling straps used for securing heavy loads
- 10 250 Ipswich patients fined after failing to pay for their prescriptions
He said: “I was just knocked against the wall and didn't know what to do so I ran in to the bathroom and locked the door because I was so scared.”
The attack happened at the family's home in Burns Road, Ipswich, at around 12.30am on Monday.
His mum Caroline Petty, 33, said: “I just saw him go flying. He must have been pushed a good few metres, but I couldn't get to him because this man was in his way.
“Adam is tall but he doesn't look very old. I just can't believe that anyone would hit a 13-year-old boy.
“He has been in a real state since. He can't sleep and doesn't want to go out of the house.”
The dog, which was an Alsatian/Rottweiler cross has been put down following the incident.
Mrs Petty said she had not seen Adam's attacker in the area before and did not know who he was.
He is black, aged between 30 and 40 years old, six feet tall and of medium build. He was wearing black three quarter length trousers and white trainers.
Anyone with information should call Pc Michelle Neasham at Ipswich police station on 01473 613500 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.