Seafront lighting being improved
IMPROVEMENTS are being made to Felixstowe's seafront decorative lighting.Contractors are carrying out a series of repairs, maintenance and improvements to the lanterns and lighting columns in the seafront gardens and - weather permitting - it should be complete by the end of the week.
IMPROVEMENTS are being made to Felixstowe's seafront decorative lighting.
Contractors are carrying out a series of repairs, maintenance and improvements to the lanterns and lighting columns in the seafront gardens and - weather permitting - it should be complete by the end of the week.
“We do not anticipate any problems carrying out the works however, in order for the engineers to carry out the maintenance we may need to temporarily close footpaths to allow access to the lanterns and lighting columns,” said Suffolk Coastal cabinet member Mary Neale.
You may also want to watch:
“I would ask residents to be patient while the works are taking place and I am sure they will welcome the improved lighting in the gardens.”
The council is currently drawing up plans for a �2 million revamp of the gardens, which are popular with both residents and visitors, to restore and improve them for the 21st century.
- 1 Unex starts work at former Ipswich Debenhams store
- 2 Border Force 'urgently responding' to incident off the Harwich coast
- 3 Christmas light DJ to open new Ipswich bar
- 4 'Small number' of street workers in Ipswich, 15 years after Steve Wright murders
- 5 Cardinal Practice 'access issues' to be discussed at key NHS meeting
- 6 New movie to be shot in Suffolk in 2022, author announces
- 7 Emergency services conduct search and rescue mission off Harwich coast
- 8 What are the Covid rates in Suffolk — and could Christmas be affected?
- 9 'Horror movie script' - Waterfront lounge bar plans rejected again
- 10 Two people rescued after search off Harwich coast
New features could include a visitor centre, outdoor play area, open-air performance space and a lift from the gardens to the cliff top to make them more accessible.