Search for man who repeatedly kicked at door to steal hundreds of pounds from home in Ipswich
Police are appealing for information following an aggravated burglary incident in Ipswich yesterday.
It happened in the Bowthorpe Close area between 6pm and 6.15pm.
A man in his 50s had been at home when a man repeatedly kicked at an external door, causing it to come off its hinges.
The man then entered and threatened the resident before removing several hundred pounds from a wallet on a table in the property.
The offender – described as of mixed race appearance, possibly in his 20s, around 5ft 7ins tall, of slim build, with a dark goatee beard, who was wearing a black mid-thigh length hooded jacket, a black beanie hat and a checked scarf – then fled. The occupant was uninjured.
You may also want to watch:
Police are investigating possible motives for the incident and are asking anyone who may have information about what happened or anyone with information about the offender to call Ipswich CID at Suffolk police on 101.
- 1 Unex starts work at former Ipswich Debenhams store
- 2 Border Force 'urgently responding' to incident off the Harwich coast
- 3 'Small number' of street workers in Ipswich, 15 years after Steve Wright murders
- 4 Christmas light DJ to open new Ipswich bar
- 5 New movie to be shot in Suffolk in 2022, author announces
- 6 What are the Covid rates in Suffolk — and could Christmas be affected?
- 7 Cardinal Practice 'access issues' to be discussed at key NHS meeting
- 8 Emergency services conduct search and rescue mission off Harwich coast
- 9 Hospital visits to be suspended due to Covid infection rise
- 10 Two people rescued after search off Harwich coast