Search for road rage driver
POLICE are today still hunting a man who left a 39-year-old woman "extremely shaken" after a rush-hour road rage attack on the notorious A140.After forcing his victim's red VW Golf car to a halt near the Coddenham junction, a man stormed out of a dark-coloured Jaguar car and grabbed the woman by the neck.
POLICE are today still hunting a man who left a 39-year-old woman "extremely shaken" after a rush-hour road rage attack on the notorious A140.
After forcing his victim's red VW Golf car to a halt near the Coddenham junction, a man stormed out of a dark-coloured Jaguar car and grabbed the woman by the neck.
He shouted abuse at her before driving off at speed.
Both cars were travelling on the northbound carriageway by the Beacon Hill Service Station when the incident happened at around 8.45am on Monday.
You may also want to watch:
As the victim approached the service station she indicated to turn right and moved into the right-hand lane. But as she entered the slip road she became aware of a Jaguar car sounding its horn and flashing its headlights behind her.
The driver of the Jaguar walked over to the VW and reached through the window grabbed the woman by the neck and shouted abuse at her. He then returned to his car, which contained a passenger with a shaven head, and drove off at speed northwards.
- 1 Audi left wrecked after late-night crash in Ipswich
- 2 Did you hear the loud 'bang' coming from Ipswich park?
- 3 Woman 'alarmed and distressed' after verbal abuse in Ipswich
- 4 Work to start on 150 new Ipswich council homes next year
- 5 Matchday Recap: Plenty of positives despite Palace defeat
- 6 Family concerned after 15-year-old girl reported missing from Ipswich
- 7 New homes and dormitory block planned for Ipswich school site
- 8 Man who controlled Ipswich drug line jailed for five years
- 9 Restraining order for venue boss who intimidated council leader's daughter
- 10 Jailed in Suffolk: Burglar, dangerous driver and drug dealer put behind bars
Although the victim was not physically injured, she was left extremely shaken.
The suspect, whose car was dark green or dark blue in colour, is described as white, in his late 30s to early 40s, 5ft 8in to 5ft 9in tall, and of muscular build and pale complexion. He had a shaven head and was wearing a dark coloured t-shirt and blue faded jeans, a heavy gold chain around his neck and on his wrist.
Police are appealing for anyone who may have been travelling towards Coddenham along that stretch of road and may have seen either the VW Golf or the Jaguar to come forward.
Anyone with information should contact Pc Sarah Nicholls on 01284 774100 or Crimestoppers on freephone 0800 555111.