Search for road rage driver
POLICE are today still hunting a man who left a 39-year-old woman "extremely shaken" after a rush-hour road rage attack on the notorious A140.After forcing his victim's red VW Golf car to a halt near the Coddenham junction, a man stormed out of a dark-coloured Jaguar car and grabbed the woman by the neck.
POLICE are today still hunting a man who left a 39-year-old woman "extremely shaken" after a rush-hour road rage attack on the notorious A140.
After forcing his victim's red VW Golf car to a halt near the Coddenham junction, a man stormed out of a dark-coloured Jaguar car and grabbed the woman by the neck.
He shouted abuse at her before driving off at speed.
Both cars were travelling on the northbound carriageway by the Beacon Hill Service Station when the incident happened at around 8.45am on Monday.
You may also want to watch:
As the victim approached the service station she indicated to turn right and moved into the right-hand lane. But as she entered the slip road she became aware of a Jaguar car sounding its horn and flashing its headlights behind her.
The driver of the Jaguar walked over to the VW and reached through the window grabbed the woman by the neck and shouted abuse at her. He then returned to his car, which contained a passenger with a shaven head, and drove off at speed northwards.
- 1 Woman threatened to expose lorry driver's sexual relationship
- 2 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 3 More than £23k raised in memory of mum who died 2 days after giving birth
- 4 'Larger-than-life' Ipswich drama teacher Gloria Henshall dies
- 5 Film crews spotted in Ipswich town centre
- 6 What happened to Luke Durbin? Mum's renewed appeal 15 years after teenager vanished in Ipswich
- 7 Steam locomotive back in Suffolk for anniversary trips
- 8 Ipswich U18s fall to second-half Liverpool goals - how the FA Youth Cup semi-final unfolded....
- 9 Developers offer first view of 75 new homes near Ipswich
- 10 Ipswich Town reveal full retained list as six first-teamers get extended stays and eight depart
Although the victim was not physically injured, she was left extremely shaken.
The suspect, whose car was dark green or dark blue in colour, is described as white, in his late 30s to early 40s, 5ft 8in to 5ft 9in tall, and of muscular build and pale complexion. He had a shaven head and was wearing a dark coloured t-shirt and blue faded jeans, a heavy gold chain around his neck and on his wrist.
Police are appealing for anyone who may have been travelling towards Coddenham along that stretch of road and may have seen either the VW Golf or the Jaguar to come forward.
Anyone with information should contact Pc Sarah Nicholls on 01284 774100 or Crimestoppers on freephone 0800 555111.