Search of Suffolk coast for missing boy
SEARCH teams are scouring the Suffolk coast today after a 15-year-old boy was reported missing.Rory Unwin Rose was last seen at around 4am today, having attended a party on Walberswick Beach yesterday evening.
SEARCH teams are scouring the Suffolk coast today after a 15-year-old boy was reported missing.
Rory Unwin Rose was last seen at around 4am today, having attended a party on Walberswick Beach yesterday evening.
He was last seen walking away from the group, leaving behind clothing and his mobile phone.
His friends became concerned when Rory, from Crettingham, did not return and they failed to find him on an initial search of the beach and village.
He was reported missing at just before 12.50pm today. Suffolk police, the force helicopter, the coastguard, lifeboats and the Suffolk Search and Lowland Rescue Team were all mobilised to begin a full-scale search.
This is currently being carried out from the point where he was last seen, described as close to where a new walkway has been put in. This includes the beach and harbour area.
- 1 Boys, 15 and 16, arrested after man injured in machete attack in Ipswich
- 2 Hunt for convicted murderer released on temporary licence in Ipswich
- 3 Ann Summers on the move in Ipswich
- 4 'Really concerning' – Shock after machete attack at Ipswich sports centre
- 5 Award winning Felixstowe family card shop turns 75
- 6 First look at new Arlingtons as venue reopening today
- 7 See inside £715k mid Suffolk townhouse for sale after major revamp
- 8 Mapped: All the places crimes were reported in Ipswich in June
- 9 Pre-school celebrating 'right result' after Ofsted good rating
- 10 Can you spot yourself in our Festival of Wheels gallery?
Police are asking Rory to get in touch with them and appealing for any sightings of him so his family can be reassured he is safe.
Rory is described as about 5ft 9in, of average build, with dark curly hair and bushy eyebrows. At the time of his disappearance, he was wearing blue and white striped swimming shorts.
He does know the area and police are currently contacting friends and family to try and trace him.
Anyone with any information about Rory's whereabouts is asked to call Suffolk police on 01473 613500.