Search of Suffolk coast for missing boy
SEARCH teams are scouring the Suffolk coast today after a 15-year-old boy was reported missing.Rory Unwin Rose was last seen at around 4am today, having attended a party on Walberswick Beach yesterday evening.
SEARCH teams are scouring the Suffolk coast today after a 15-year-old boy was reported missing.
Rory Unwin Rose was last seen at around 4am today, having attended a party on Walberswick Beach yesterday evening.
He was last seen walking away from the group, leaving behind clothing and his mobile phone.
His friends became concerned when Rory, from Crettingham, did not return and they failed to find him on an initial search of the beach and village.
You may also want to watch:
He was reported missing at just before 12.50pm today. Suffolk police, the force helicopter, the coastguard, lifeboats and the Suffolk Search and Lowland Rescue Team were all mobilised to begin a full-scale search.
This is currently being carried out from the point where he was last seen, described as close to where a new walkway has been put in. This includes the beach and harbour area.
- 1 First look at golf club's multi-million pound coastal homes development
- 2 ‘Unique’ farm in coveted river setting hits market for first time in 60 years
- 3 Caravans pitched at Portman Road car park
- 4 Felixstowe beach hut goes on sale for record price
- 5 Luke Chambers: 'To be brutally honest, I didn't think I would be leaving the club this summer'
- 6 'Mass of smoke' billows from roof in house fire
- 7 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 8 Lounge bar with bespoke cocktails and tapas to open at Ipswich waterfront
- 9 Kesgrave shooting: Trial set to start as boy, 16, denies attempted murder
- 10 A14 delays as police deal with incident near Orwell Bridge
Police are asking Rory to get in touch with them and appealing for any sightings of him so his family can be reassured he is safe.
Rory is described as about 5ft 9in, of average build, with dark curly hair and bushy eyebrows. At the time of his disappearance, he was wearing blue and white striped swimming shorts.
He does know the area and police are currently contacting friends and family to try and trace him.
Anyone with any information about Rory's whereabouts is asked to call Suffolk police on 01473 613500.