Second crash victim named
POLICE have named the second victim of the double fatal crash in north Suffolk yesterday.Samuel Fordham, 28, of Heron Road, Saxmundham, died at the scene of the crash at the A145 near Henham.
POLICE have named the second victim of the double fatal crash in north Suffolk yesterday.
Samuel Fordham, 28, of Heron Road, Saxmundham, died at the scene of the crash at the A145 near Henham.
Tributes have already been paid to Darren Welton, 20, from Kelsale, who was also killed in the accident.
The pair were killed when the car they were travelling in hit a tree just after 7am close to Sotherton crossroads.
The driver of the Nissan Almera, a 24-year-old man, remains in Ipswich Hospital in a stable condition.
Mr Fordham, the front seat passenger, was pronounced dead at the scene while Mr Welton, a passenger in the back seat, sustained serious injuries and was taken to the James Paget Hospital in Gorleston where he died just after 1pm.
- 1 Person dies in Ipswich house fire
- 2 Karaoke noise complaints prompts fear Grade II pub could close
- 3 Family's gratitude after Christmas samaritan's £50 act of kindness
- 4 First case of Omicron confirmed in Suffolk with 16 more suspected
- 5 Police 'concerned' for missing 15-year-old who was last seen a week ago
- 6 Beautiful new bottomless brunches launch at Ipswich bar
- 7 Speed limit on Orwell Bridge reduced as Storm Barra hits region
- 8 Matchday Recap: McGreal's Town beaten at The Valley
- 9 When will my bins be collected this Christmas?
- 10 Former camera shop Jessops cited for three flats in Ipswich
The 24-year-old driver of the vehicle remains in Ipswich Hospital in a stable condition.
Any witnesses to the crash are asked to call 01986 835300.