Second Ipswich prostitute missing
POLICE have confirmed that a second prostitute has gone missing from the streets of Ipswich.Gemma Ward, 25, was last seen at about 10pm on Tuesday when she left her partner in Bramford Road.
POLICE have today confirmed that a second prostitute has gone missing from the streets of Ipswich.
Gemma Ward, 25, was last seen at about 10pm last night when she left her partner in Bramford Road.
She is believed to have been heading into town to work as a prostitute and police today said they are “extremely concerned” for her welfare.
Gemma's disappearance comes as police continue to search for 19-year-old Tania Nicol who was last seen about 10pm on October 31.
You may also want to watch:
She was also working as a prostitute.
Gemma was reported missing at 2.55am today after failing to return to her home in Blenheim Road at the normal time of 2am.
- 1 Man pulled into car before being beaten and robbed in Ipswich
- 2 Farmfoods set to move in as Aldi confirms closure of store on Ipswich estate
- 3 Police want to trace man in connection with Waterfront sexual assault
- 4 Man and woman arrested after Ipswich stabbing
- 5 Pair who hid murderer are among trio jailed for running drug syndicate
- 6 Suffolk coast flood alert issued including Felixstowe and Ipswich
- 7 Is a new tenant lined up to move into Ancient House in Ipswich?
- 8 70-year-old woman arrested in connection with human trafficking offences
- 9 Pictures show flooding along Suffolk coast
- 10 Could Ipswich Debenhams become hub for health and leisure?
Police are looking at both cases separately but Detective Superintendent Andy Henwood is overseeing both inquiries to make sure no similarities are overlooked.
Gemma is described as white, 5ft 2in, of small build with long blonde hair and a spotted complexion.
When she was last seen she was wearing a black waterproof waist length jacket with a hood and a zip up the front, light blue jeans with studs on the pockets, a red top and white and chrome trainers.
She has several gold earrings in each ear, silver rings on both hands and wears a black watch. She was also carrying a black handbag.
Anyone with information should call Suffolk police on 01473 613538 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555111.