Second youth charged with conspiracy to rape a woman at a property in Ipswich
- Credit: Sarah Lucy brown
Police have said a second youth has been charged with conspiracy to rape a woman at a property in Ipswich.
The 17-year-old from Ipswich is among three male teenagers who now stand accused of sexually assaulting the female.
The trio are alleged to have conspired in the rape of a female aged over 16 between September 1 and October 7.
They are also accused of raping the same woman between September 1 and October 6.
Neither the 17-year-old, or a 16-year-old - who is also from Ipswich and also accused of actual bodily harm - can be identified due to their ages.
However an 18-year-old Trayvond Rankin, of Alderman Road, Ipswich, is the third person to be charged.
He also faces allegations of false imprisonment, actual bodily harm and theft.
- 1 Devastated family wrongly told prisoner hanged himself weeks before release
- 2 Armed police arrest two 16-year-olds on suspicion of firearms offences
- 3 How Covid restrictions will change in England this week
- 4 Serious fire breaks out at home in Woodbridge
- 5 Norwood set to stay... despite seven clubs showing interest
- 6 'He's a s**t house' - Stanley chairman slams Town skipper Morsy
- 7 'Dire for hospitality in Ipswich' - grill owner hits out at hardship grants
- 8 Emergency services attend Felixstowe bungalow fire
- 9 10,000 listeners tune in to new Suffolk radio station
- 10 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
All have had their cases committed to Ipswich Crown Court.
Meanwhile police are still hunting two more young males who are suspected of sexually assaulting the woman.
Officers have said a 20-year-old man has also been arrested as part of the same inquiry on suspicion of a drug offence.