See pictures of ram raid at Jimmy’s Farm after gang steal 100s of Barbour jackets from Clarkes of Walsham outlet
The Clarkes of Walsham outlet at Jimmy’s Farm, Wherstead, Ipswich, was ram raided last night – becoming the seventh shop to be targeted in two days.
Police were called at just past 11pm yesterday (February 8) after responding to a security alarm activation.
On arrival they discovered raiders had driven a vehicle through a wooden fence and into the building, collapsing a side wall, and allowing them entry to the Clarkes of Walsham outlet.
The raid is being potentially linked to six others across the region, which took place between Tuesday night and Wednesday morning.
The offenders fled the scene with more than 100 Barbour and Schoffel branded jackets. Most of the items stolen were Barbour branded.
Martin Clarke, owner of the shop, said: “We have been ram raided and have had a large number of items of clothing stolen.
“We have had people here all night since the alarm was raised. It looks like they have used two cars, one to smash through the wall and the other to load up the clothing. Both cars were driven away.”
Jimmy’s Farm is run by TV presenter Jimmy Doherty.
- 1 Most desirable places to live in Ipswich according to estate agents
- 2 Ipswich man charged with string of sexual offences
- 3 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals locked up so far in 2022
- 4 Ipswich Music Day 2022: All you need to know
- 5 Missing 12-year-old girl from Ipswich found safe
- 6 Woman 'froze' after seeing masked men with machetes in Ipswich
- 7 OPINION: Free sporting activities for children return to Ipswich this summer
- 8 Plans for 440 homes and visitor centre in Ipswich Garden Suburb submitted
- 9 Ipswich singer to perform UK festival tour after scoring club hit
- 10 Could you offer one of these rescue animals their forever home in Suffolk?
Barbour is a luxury clothing brand which specialises it outdoor clothing. They are known for their jackets which can cost hundreds of pounds each.
Schoffel is a similarly priced countrywear brand founded in Germany 200 years ago.
Clarkes of Walsham is an outdoor supplies shop based in Walsham-le-Willows, west Suffolk, but has an outlet specialising in countrywear clothing at Jimmy’s Farm, near Wherstead.
• Anyone with information should ring police on 101 quoting reference number 37/16727/17