See where roadworks are taking place on major Suffolk and Essex routes including A14, A12 and A120 next week
- Credit: Archant
Drivers across Suffolk and north Essex are being warned they could face travel disruption from tomorrow due to a number of roadworks projects taking place on major routes.
Here are some of the repairs we know of so far, according to Highways England’s list of planned improvements:
• Kerbing and resurfacing, M11 junction 8 (A120 in Essex)
The southbound entry slip road to the M11 at junction 8 will be closed overnight, between 8pm and 6am, from tomorrow for five nights.
Bosses are putting a diversion in place via the Birchanger roundabout, Priory Wood roundabout and the dedicated link road to the M11 southbound.
• Vegetation clearance, A12 between M25 junction 28 and Ipswich
This will be carried out from tomorrow until Friday, from 7pm to 4am.
- 1 Omid Djalili cracks Ipswich joke at Queen's Platinum Jubilee show
- 2 Man found unconscious in Ipswich alleyway following serious assault
- 3 Striking new seafront café opens its doors to customers after two-year wait
- 4 Charity match held in memory of Tavis Spencer-Aitkens
- 5 Ford Transit van destroyed in suspected arson attack
- 6 Brother of Ipswich murder victim to roll out bleed control kits across town
- 7 OPINION: Back to business - these are the council's plans for Ipswich
- 8 Cricket club praises ambulance service after player collapses in the field
- 9 Travellers move on from Chantry Park in Ipswich
- 10 St Clement's Church ready for new life as an arts centre
• Weed control, A14
Removal of weeds will take place on the A14 between the A142 at Newmarket and Felixstowe.
Highways England workers are to carry out the improvements between 7.30am and 4pm.
• Patching, A120 between Stansted and Marks Tey
Pothole repairs are being carried out overnight under lane closure.
This will happen from tomorrow until Friday, from 7pm to 4am.
• Resurfacing and lighting, A120 Marks Tey to B1024 in Coggeshall
New lights are being installed - closing the road in both directions overnight, for five nights.
A diversion taking drivers via the A12, A130, A131 and A120 and vice versa will be in place from 8pm to 6am.
• Resurfacing and lighting, Marks Farm Braintree to B1024 in Coggeshall
Temporary traffic lights will be in use overnight, between 8pm and 6am for five nights (Monday to Friday).
• Drainage maintenance, A120 in Wix
Work to repair drainage along the A120 near Wix continues this week.
Temporary traffic lights and a 40mph speed limit will be in place from tomorrow overnight between 8pm and 5am until Friday.
• Ewell Bridge repiars, A12 junctions 23 Kelvedon South to 24 Kelevedon North
Work to re-install the Ewell Bridge across the A12 at Kelvedon will close the northbound carriageway from Wednesday for three nights.
A diversion will be in place via the B1024 through Kelvedon between 8pm and 6am.
The pedestrian bridge over the A12 remains closed until further notice while repair work continues.
Pedestrians should use the alternative route via Windmill Hill, Highfields Lane, Maldon Road and Ewell Hall Chase, and vice versa.