Sell-out crowd expected at Portman Road for Saints replay, with Crystal Palace awaiting the winners in fourth round
- Credit: Ashley Pickering
Portman Road looks set for its first full house in nearly 10 years when Southampton come to town next Wednesday.
Prices have been slashed for the Blues’ FA Cup Third Round replay clash with the Premier League side, meaning a crowd in the region of 30,000 is anticipated.
Tickets are £10 for adults, £5 for concessions and £3 for under-16s, with a round four tie against Crystal Palace at home in store for the winner.
The last Portman Road sell-out came in 2005 as Town lost to West Ham in the play-off semi-finals, but now Mick McCarthy has the region dreaming of top-flight football again.
Tickets go on sale today from 9am to Platinum and Gold members, who can buy their own seat, plus an additional four.
You may also want to watch:
Season ticket holders and Silver members can do the same from 9am tomorrow.
Season ticket holders’ seats will be reserved for them to purchase until 9am on Friday, before they go on general sale.
- 1 Supermarket switch opens door to new Ipswich Lidl
- 2 Former Ipswich teacher appears in court charged with historic sex offences
- 3 Well-known Felixstowe bookseller to retire and hand over to vinyl store
- 4 Man accused of Ipswich stabbing refuses to leave cell to enter plea
- 5 Work finally starts on the Ipswich Garden Suburb after decades of debate
- 6 No need to wait for booster invitation - clarification after Covid jab confusion
- 7 Major Ipswich road partially blocked after crash involving Audi and Mercedes
- 8 15-year-old boy to face trial over alleged Ipswich stabbing
- 9 'It's like we're in the stone age' - Homophobic abuse halts LGBT+ parties
- 10 Specialist engineers working to fix Ipswich flooding hotspot