Serious accident on A14
MOTORISTS today faced major delays on the A14 following a serious accident near Cambridge.Three people are thought to have been seriously injured in the collision which happened at about 11.
A PERSON has died following a collision on the A14 near Cambridge.
The accident happened at about 11.45am yesterday on the west bound carriageway near to the junction with the M11 at Girton.
Stretches of both roads were expected to be closed until at least 7.30pm, causing major disruptions for motorists.
The accident is believed to have occurred when a car hit the central reservation and flipped over several times.
You may also want to watch:
At least one lorry was also involved in the collision.
The driver ofthe lorry sustained life-threatening injuries and was taken to Addenbrooke's Hospital.
- 1 Brunch trip leaves friend group 'anxious' after spiking fears
- 2 Crime map shows locations of weapons offences in Ipswich
- 3 Ambulance service apologises after woman left lying on Cornhill for 2 hours
- 4 How Ipswich are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 5 Matchday Recap: Celina wins it for Town and sends Portman Road wild
- 6 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 7 Business units set to be converted into new seafront flats
- 8 Trial set for man who robbed mum of her handbag
- 9 Ipswich parents can 'survive not thrive' on £15 half-term food vouchers
- 10 Andy's Angles: Six observations after Ipswich Town's 2-1 win over Fleetwood
The identity of those in the vehicles is not yet known but it is thought a green Citroen Xsara Picasso was also involved in the collision.
Fire crews spent several hours cutting injured parties from the wreckage but one person was pronounced dead at the scene.