Sex treatment programme order for man
SENIOR Jehovah's Witness John Pickrell is to undergo a sex offenders treatment programme.Pickrell, 48, of Cedarcroft Road, Ipswich, was ordered to undergo treatment by a judge at Ipswich Crown Court.
SENIOR Jehovah's Witness John Pickrell is to undergo a sex offenders treatment programme.
Pickrell, 48, of Cedarcroft Road, Ipswich, was ordered to undergo treatment by a judge at Ipswich Crown Court.
His Honour Judge Nicholas Beddard also ordered the senior religious figure to serve three years community rehabilitation.
Pickrell had been convicted of two counts of indecent assault in an earlier hearing at the court.
Both offences were carried out on young girls about 20 years ago.
Character witnesses from the Jehovah's Witness community spoke in glowing terms of Pickrell's good character.
- 1 Police seek driver who failed to stop at scene of crash
- 2 Dedicated daughter steps up after tragic death of 'amazing' mum Heidi
- 3 Ipswich primary school closed for 'maintenance investigations'
- 4 Ipswich man jailed for three years for attempted robbery
- 5 9 Ipswich restaurants we wish had never closed
- 6 10 pictures of Ipswich pub's light switch-on
- 7 Ipswich Travelodge developer celebrates £7.4m bank backing
- 8 New gift card to encourage shoppers to use Ipswich town centre
- 9 New Ipswich council houses and microhomes win awards
- 10 'My son has never seen a health visitor' - Pandemic parents battle
They described his as an affectionate man who would greet friends with hugs and kisses.
Pickrell claimed one of the offences stemmed from just such a display of friendship.
He admitted kissing one of the victims on the lips and tickling her bottom, but claimed it was entirely innocent.