Sex treatment programme order for man
SENIOR Jehovah's Witness John Pickrell is to undergo a sex offenders treatment programme.Pickrell, 48, of Cedarcroft Road, Ipswich, was ordered to undergo treatment by a judge at Ipswich Crown Court.
SENIOR Jehovah's Witness John Pickrell is to undergo a sex offenders treatment programme.
Pickrell, 48, of Cedarcroft Road, Ipswich, was ordered to undergo treatment by a judge at Ipswich Crown Court.
His Honour Judge Nicholas Beddard also ordered the senior religious figure to serve three years community rehabilitation.
Pickrell had been convicted of two counts of indecent assault in an earlier hearing at the court.
You may also want to watch:
Both offences were carried out on young girls about 20 years ago.
Character witnesses from the Jehovah's Witness community spoke in glowing terms of Pickrell's good character.
- 1 Ipswich crack cocaine and heroin dealer jailed
- 2 Woodbridge nurse plans Caribbean retirement after National Lottery win
- 3 Air ambulance lands near Ipswich shops after medical emergency
- 4 Closest Covid testing hub to Ipswich town centre forced to close
- 5 Ipswich tops rankings for Suffolk's Japanese knotweed infestations
- 6 A12 reopens after police respond to 'serious' accident
- 7 Joy as Shotley Pier finally set to reopen after being derelict for over 30 years
- 8 Ipswich Hospital gets new tech to stop people overpaying for parking
- 9 Bookings now open for unique new Suffolk dining experience
- 10 Man in 30s dies in serious crash between two cars in Wherstead
They described his as an affectionate man who would greet friends with hugs and kisses.
Pickrell claimed one of the offences stemmed from just such a display of friendship.
He admitted kissing one of the victims on the lips and tickling her bottom, but claimed it was entirely innocent.