Sex treatment programme order for man
SENIOR Jehovah's Witness John Pickrell is to undergo a sex offenders treatment programme.Pickrell, 48, of Cedarcroft Road, Ipswich, was ordered to undergo treatment by a judge at Ipswich Crown Court.
SENIOR Jehovah's Witness John Pickrell is to undergo a sex offenders treatment programme.
Pickrell, 48, of Cedarcroft Road, Ipswich, was ordered to undergo treatment by a judge at Ipswich Crown Court.
His Honour Judge Nicholas Beddard also ordered the senior religious figure to serve three years community rehabilitation.
Pickrell had been convicted of two counts of indecent assault in an earlier hearing at the court.
You may also want to watch:
Both offences were carried out on young girls about 20 years ago.
Character witnesses from the Jehovah's Witness community spoke in glowing terms of Pickrell's good character.
- 1 Ipswich father caught with indecent images of children avoids jail
- 2 Suffolk postcode sees house prices rise by £100,000 in a year
- 3 Matchday Recap: All-square as Town and U's share six goals
- 4 Woman in 80s remains in hospital after serious collision in Ipswich
- 5 Will Ipswich betting shop be turned into fish and chip shop?
- 6 Kenyan school chums meet by 'unbelievable chance' at Suffolk village fete
- 7 Ipswich traffic measure 'on its way out' as petition launched
- 8 Plans to close A14 truck stop slammed amid driver shortage
- 9 Women facing prison after admitting robbery in Ipswich
- 10 'Massive success' - see pictures from Ipswich LGBT+ night
They described his as an affectionate man who would greet friends with hugs and kisses.
Pickrell claimed one of the offences stemmed from just such a display of friendship.
He admitted kissing one of the victims on the lips and tickling her bottom, but claimed it was entirely innocent.