Share your nostalgic photos on our Ipswich Remembers Facebook page
- Credit: Archant
Photos showing old Ipswich families and scenes from the past have been shared on our Ipswich Remembers Facebook group.
The page, launched a few weeks ago as a celebration of our history, has been attracting attention from all over the world with ex-pats keen to revive memories of old Ipswich.
Member Paul Thompson said: “Thanks for letting me join, it’s great seeing these old pictures and reading about people’s old memories of them.”
Shaun Bennett is currently appealing for help.
“Anyone here worked at Phillips and Pipers or have any photos please? Asking for my parents who both worked there, Margaret and Anthony, or Tony, Bennett. Thanks in advance.”
You may also want to watch:
He explained his father worked there from the 1960s until the time they closed.
“He was the head of the department on the ground floor, the exit out of the building was at the back next to the garage. He worked there.”
- 1 Police want to trace man in connection with Waterfront sexual assault
- 2 Farmfoods set to move in as Aldi confirms closure of store on Ipswich estate
- 3 Man and woman arrested after Ipswich stabbing
- 4 70-year-old woman arrested in connection with human trafficking offences
- 5 Pair who hid murderer are among trio jailed for running drug syndicate
- 6 Work finally starts on the Ipswich Garden Suburb after decades of debate
- 7 Pictures show flooding along Suffolk coast
- 8 Life sentence for Hartshorne-Jones who shot wife dead at home
- 9 Could Ipswich Debenhams become hub for health and leisure?
- 10 Man pulled into car before being beaten and robbed in Ipswich