Shed and fence 'well alight' in evening blaze
- Credit: June Phair
Emergency services were called to a shed and fence blaze in Ipswich last night.
Firefighters and officers were called to the blaze in Coltsfoot Road, in Chantry, just before 7.55pm yesterday, Monday, March 21.
A spokesman for Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service said: "Crews were called to a wooden shed around 6m x 3m and 10m's of fence that were well alight.
"Two hose reels, two breathing apparatus and a thermal imaging camera were used."
There was no reports of any injuries but Suffolk police, who was also called to the blaze has said there are investigating the fire.
June Phair who saw the blaze said she quickly alerted emergency services to the fire.
She added: "I used to live down the road and I shocked to see the fire."
- 1 Woman jailed for having sex with Ipswich schoolboy
- 2 Group of youths seen carrying weapons in Ipswich park
- 3 Police launch appeal to identify man after incident in Ipswich
- 4 Road closure 'chaos' for residents during fibre works
- 5 Ice cream kiosk at Suffolk beauty spot destroyed in arson
- 6 Animal sex charges against Kesgrave vet dropped, but child images admitted
- 7 First look at 172-bed student accommodation plan
- 8 Education 'exemplary' at Outstanding Ipswich academy
- 9 Man who sexually assaulted toddler in the street could be jailed
- 10 Police stop two vans overloaded by more than a ton each in Ipswich
Appliances from Ipswich East were called to tackle the blaze, which was extinguished by 8.50pm.