Shiver me timbers, are you ready for the Ipswich Midnight Walk on May 16?
- Credit: Archant
St Elizabeth Hospice is encouraging people to take part in their new and improved pirate-themed Midnight Walk.
Last year about 1,600 people took to the streets of Ipswich for the event, raising more than £150,000 and organisers hope more men and women will take part this time around.
The start and finish will once again be at Ipswich Town Football Club, however all three routes now pass the hospice on Foxhall Road, giving participants a chance to hang cards on the tree of remembrance.
The event, supported by the EADT and Ipswich Star, will take place on May 16 with a choice of five, eight or 13- mile routes.
Gavin Lamb, event organiser, said: “The Midnight Walk is our biggest fundraising event in our calendar and it’s always a fantastic event, with an incredible atmosphere of hundreds of people united to walk or run round Ipswich town centre at night – raising money for their local hospice.
“This year we have spent a lot of time looking at and improving the routes – so if you’ve taken part before, you will notice that the routes are taking you through different roads this year.”
Registration is £15 and participants get a Midnight Walk T-shirt and a medal at the finish line.
Visit www.midnightwalkipswich.co.uk or call 01473 707043 to get involved.
- 1 Look inside stunning £950k home close to Christchurch Park in Ipswich
- 2 Lorry overturned on roundabout closes A14 near Felixstowe
- 3 A14 reopens after 'serious' crash involving three lorries
- 4 Road closed while fire crews tackle Martlesham blaze
- 5 Ladies night event in Kesgrave with strippers sold-out in five days
- 6 Motorist angry over £100 'fine' at Ipswich car park
- 7 Aldi chocolate and yoghurts containing metal among recent recalled products
- 8 Retired Felixstowe nurse fears eviction after struggle to find social housing
- 9 Did you know these 10 pubs were open in Ipswich?
- 10 Woman who claimed council tax support had income of £100k per year