Shock as mother is found dead
A MAN is still being quizzed by police today after a mother-of-three was found dead in her home while her three children were asleep upstairs.The body of Christine Dorey was discovered by police in a downstairs room of her home in Bedell Close, Bury St Edmunds, on Thursday night.
A MAN is still being quizzed by police today after a mother-of-three was found dead in her home while her three children were asleep upstairs.
The body of Christine Dorey was discovered by police in a downstairs room of her home in Bedell Close, Bury St Edmunds, on Thursday night.
Police were called to the house shortly after 11pm, where Mrs Dorey, who is believed to be in her 30s, lived with her husband and three children.
At around 12.30am, yesterday morning, Colin Dorey, 42, was arrested in Bury St Edmunds town centre on suspicion of murder and is being questioned at the town's police station.
Stunned neighbours of the family, in the quiet cul-de-sac, have spoken of their shock at waking up to find a police cordon in the street.
A post mortem examination was carried out yesterday on Mrs Dorey by a Home Office pathologist, at Ipswich Hospital, to establish the cause of death, although police are treating the incident as murder.
- 1 Revealed: The most popular Suffolk fish and chip shop
- 2 New independent baby shop opens in Ipswich
- 3 Road near Ipswich town centre closed after crash involving motorcyclist
- 4 Man used drawstring from JD Sports bag to drag woman to the ground
- 5 'Fresh and timeless' Greek cuisine comes to Ipswich
- 6 Village suffers power cut for 7 hours after vehicle hits electricity pole
- 7 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 8 Suffolk man collapsed at friend's home
- 9 Final homes in 75-house development to go on sale
- 10 When will bins be collected in Ipswich this Bank Holiday weekend?
A police spokeswoman said results of the post mortem could not be released as all next of kin had not yet been contacted.