Shopping at Primark in Ipswich today? The retailer is urgently recalling these leggings
- Credit: Archant
Primark are urgently recalling novelty cat leggings from all of their UK stores over fears they could present a choking hazard.
Bosses are worried the bow attached to the front of the product could become detached and could be dangerous for young children.
Shoppers who have bought the leggings are being urged to send them back for a full refund.
They will not be asked for proof of purchase.
In a statement on the organisation’s website, representatives for the retailer wrote: “Through our on-going due-diligence programme it has come to our attention that the Novelty Cat Legging detailed above does not meet the Primark usual high standards for safety.
“We have found a potential issue with the security of the bow attachment within the product that may become detached and present a potential choking hazard. With the safety of our customers at the forefront of our minds we are inviting you to return this item for a full refund.”
The product was on sale at UK stores from November 8, 2016 until February 22, 2017.
- 1 Gucci items hidden in Asda stores across the country
- 2 Apology for Ipswich pub landlords after 'insensitive LGBT+ comments'
- 3 'A lovely green space' - race against time to buy mini-Ipswich woodland
- 4 'My life is hard enough' - Suffolk disabled dad struggles to repair home
- 5 ‘I thought I was going to die’ - Woman feels let down after spiking
- 6 9 Ipswich restaurants we wish had never closed
- 7 'Quirky and memorable' name for new café and visitor centre revealed
- 8 Emergency roadworks on busy Ipswich street to fix leaking water main
- 9 Man acted as lookout while accomplice robbed Ipswich store
- 10 6 ice rinks to visit in Norfolk and Suffolk this Christmas
Suffolk Trading Standards tweeted to warn shoppers of the potential hazard as part of their #CheckIt campaign.