Shows keep going on for drama society
ONLY weeks after the last sparkling shoes and feather head dresses from Copacabana have been packed away the Ipswich Operatic and Dramatic Society is already busy working on its next production.
JUST weeks after the sparkling shoes and feather head-dresses from Copacabana have been packed away, the Ipswich Operatic and Dramatic Society is already busy working on its next production.
Jesus Christ Superstar is yet another East Anglian amateur premiere for the group. With lyrics and music by the famed duo of Tim Rice and Andrew Lloyd Webber, it promises to be a great success.
The production will take place at the Ipswich Regent from April 9 to 12.
The popular musical tells the story of the last seven days of Jesus's life on earth. From Christ's entry into Jerusalem to Good Friday, all is seen through the eyes of his betrayer, Judas Iscariot.
Shaun Whymark, publicity officer for the IODS, said: "Once again we are looking forward to bringing this fantastic show to Ipswich. It is another premiere for the society and I'm sure it will be a great success."
With a musical score including both fierce rock and poignant ballads, this show will appeal to everyone and offers an alternative look at the Son of God.
- 1 'This is all I've got' - Woman fighting to keep home where mum died
- 2 'From one family business to another' - Cattermole's changes hands
- 3 Teen fractured taxi driver's skull in 'shocking display of violence'
- 4 Woman bit dog owner during dispute over not picking up mess
- 5 46-year-old man who died in Great Bealings crash named
- 6 10 Suffolk celebrities and where they went to school
- 7 Felixstowe man to star on small screen with converted Mini Cooper
- 8 Suffolk entrepreneur Mike Lynch loses $5bn fraud case with Hewlett Packard
- 9 New Sports Direct still expected by mid-2022 in Ipswich town centre
- 10 Teen taken to hospital with serious injuries after Ipswich crash
While preparations are already in motion, the group are still on the look-out for talent for the production.
Pre-rehearsals are being held at the Labour Club in Silent Street, Ipswich from October 15. They will continue every Tuesday and Thursday until audition day on November 24.
For more information call Margaret Mudd on Ipswich 747034 or Shaun Whymark on 07763765899.
The Regent box office is already open for bookings on Ipswich 433100.