Showtime - and kids go free
YOUNG children will be given free entry to this year's Suffolk Show – providing they're dressed as farm animals.That's one of several new initiatives aimed at bringing people back to the county's biggest event, two years after it was last held.
By Paul Geater
YOUNG children will be given free entry to this year's Suffolk Show – providing they're dressed as farm animals.
That's one of several new initiatives aimed at bringing people back to the county's biggest event, two years after it was last held.
Last year's Suffolk Show was cancelled because of the Foot and Mouth crisis and this year's Mildenhall Air Fete – usually the largest event in the county – has been cancelled because of the aftermath of September 11 and the war in Afghanistan.
You may also want to watch:
The Goldne Jubilee Suffolk Show is being billed as the best-ever, with more than 800 exhibits aimed at catching the eye.
The conservation area has been extended and there is an extended food hall and an interactive sports village.
- 1 Police release CCTV after wallet stolen from Aldi store in Ipswich
- 2 'Outstanding' former Ipswich teachers leave £2million to charities in will
- 3 Woman's bank cards used minutes after being stolen in supermarket car park
- 4 Covid rules reintroduced at Ipswich school after cases surge
- 5 Aldi looking for new site in north east Ipswich
- 6 'I want to train as HGV driver but there are so many delays'
- 7 Ipswich man denies multiple rape offences as trial begins
- 8 Town sign 6ft 5ins striker as Nsiala, Jackson and Barry all start for U23s
- 9 Ipswich man led police on 55 mile chase at 120mph
- 10 Drunk driver nearly caused head-on crash driving on wrong side of the road
The show will take place during half term, on June 6 and 7 – immediately after the national Golden Jubilee celebrations.
It is breaking with tradition in that it is being held on a Thursday and Friday this year rather than a Wednesday and Thursday.
As usual it will feather international show-jumping, livestock competitions, and various other entertainments in the Grand Ring.
Among the highlights are expected to be a display by the Royal Artillery Parachute Display Team and another show by the Flying Gunners Motorcycle Display Team.