Showtime - and kids go free
YOUNG children will be given free entry to this year's Suffolk Show – providing they're dressed as farm animals.That's one of several new initiatives aimed at bringing people back to the county's biggest event, two years after it was last held.
By Paul Geater
YOUNG children will be given free entry to this year's Suffolk Show – providing they're dressed as farm animals.
That's one of several new initiatives aimed at bringing people back to the county's biggest event, two years after it was last held.
Last year's Suffolk Show was cancelled because of the Foot and Mouth crisis and this year's Mildenhall Air Fete – usually the largest event in the county – has been cancelled because of the aftermath of September 11 and the war in Afghanistan.
You may also want to watch:
The Goldne Jubilee Suffolk Show is being billed as the best-ever, with more than 800 exhibits aimed at catching the eye.
The conservation area has been extended and there is an extended food hall and an interactive sports village.
- 1 See inside beautiful stately home near Ipswich - for one day only
- 2 Kesgrave shooting: Trial date agreed as boy faces attempted murder charge
- 3 Labour lose seats but retain power: Ipswich election results in full
- 4 Van's roof torn off as it gets stuck under Suffolk bridge
- 5 First views of £1.5m new seafront cafe as hoardings removed
- 6 Did you enjoy a night out at Splitz Bar in 2002?
- 7 Man in 20s dies in collision between lorry and pedestrian on A14
- 8 Joy as council reverses ban on motorhomes in car parks
- 9 New Ipswich fine food store is back - and smoked eels prove a hit
- 10 Walking back to happiness - 18 great trails to follow and a festival
The show will take place during half term, on June 6 and 7 – immediately after the national Golden Jubilee celebrations.
It is breaking with tradition in that it is being held on a Thursday and Friday this year rather than a Wednesday and Thursday.
As usual it will feather international show-jumping, livestock competitions, and various other entertainments in the Grand Ring.
Among the highlights are expected to be a display by the Royal Artillery Parachute Display Team and another show by the Flying Gunners Motorcycle Display Team.