Live mains cable exposed after car knocks down concrete pole
- Credit: SUFFOLK HIGHWAYS
A driver has escaped unscathed after a concrete column was knocked down in a single vehicle collision near Ipswich.
Officers were called shortly after 8pm today with reports of a single vehicle crash in Edinburgh Gardens, Claydon.
A police spokeswoman confirmed a car had gone into a concrete pole, knocking it over.
Suffolk Highways have since revealed the live mains cable beneath the column has been exposed.
UK Power Networks has been called to make the scene safe.
The crash is not believed to have caused any disruption in the area and the driver was unharmed.
- 1 Look inside stunning £950k home close to Christchurch Park in Ipswich
- 2 Lorry overturned on roundabout closes A14 near Felixstowe
- 3 A14 reopens after 'serious' crash involving three lorries
- 4 Road closed while fire crews tackle Martlesham blaze
- 5 Motorist angry over £100 'fine' at Ipswich car park
- 6 Ladies night event in Kesgrave with strippers sold-out in five days
- 7 A12 partially reopens after crash near Copdock Interchange
- 8 Aldi chocolate and yoghurts containing metal among recent recalled products
- 9 Retired Felixstowe nurse fears eviction after struggle to find social housing
- 10 Wallets stolen and bank cards used after cars broken into