Sisters in restaurant brawl
A WOMAN had clumps of her hair pulled out during an argument at a Felixstowe restaurant with her two sisters, it has been alleged.One of the sisters, Nichola Owen, had allegedly dragged Sarah Fountain to the floor of the Alex Restaurant on Felixstowe seafront by the hair and scratched at her eyes and face, Ipswich Crown Court was told.
A WOMAN had clumps of her hair pulled out during an argument at a Felixstowe restaurant with two sisters, it has been alleged.
One of the sisters, Nichola Owen, had allegedly dragged Sarah Fountain to the floor of the Alex Restaurant on Felixstowe seafront by the hair and scratched at her eyes and face, Ipswich Crown Court was told.
The other sister, Anita Bolton, had then allegedly joined in the melee and had hit Miss Fountain on the back of the head and dug her nails into her right breast, said Andrew Thompson prosecuting.
The women, who had all been drinking, were separated and the police were called.
You may also want to watch:
Owen, 41, of Manor Grove, Felixstowe and Bolton, 39, of Manor Road, Felixstowe have denied assaulting Miss Fountain causing her actual bodily harm in September last year.
The court heard that before going to the Alex, Miss Fountain, a finance manager, and her fiancé, shipping director Andy Peck, had attended a lunchtime meeting of the Felixstowe Freight Club at a local hotel before moving on to The Alex.
- 1 Ambulance service apologises after woman left lying on Cornhill for 2 hours
- 2 How Ipswich are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 3 Brunch trip leaves friend group 'anxious' after spiking fears
- 4 Crime map shows locations of weapons offences in Ipswich
- 5 Business units set to be converted into new seafront flats
- 6 Trial set for man who robbed mum of her handbag
- 7 Holly holding onto new hope in eating disorder recovery process
- 8 'Kind and gentle' retired Ipswich Hospital orthopaedic consultant dies
- 9 Documentary on former world’s fattest man Paul Mason set to air
- 10 Andy's Angles: Six observations after Ipswich Town's 2-1 win over Fleetwood
Whilst there, Owen had allegedly approached Mr Peck and put her arms around him and showed him “signs of affection”.
Following a verbal exchange between Owen and Miss Fountain, the victim had moved towards Mr Peck with the intention of leaving the premises which is when Owen allegedly grabbed her hair and pulled her to the ground, before scratching at her eyes and face.
Her sister then allegedly joined in and hit Miss Fountain on the back of the head and dug her nails into her right breast.
The court heard that following the incident Miss Fountain had been left with three bald patches on her scalp and had a scar where Bolton had dug her nail into her breast.
Owen later told police that Miss Fountain had attacked her and pulled her to the ground and that the people who separated the pair were responsible for Miss Fountain's injuries.
Bolton claimed her sister had been attacked by Miss Fountain and she may have caused the injury to Miss Fountain's breast when she tried to pull her away.
The trial continues.