Six arrested at anti-war demo
POLICE arrested six people at a Suffolk anti-war protest today.About 60 people took part in what police described as a largely peaceful demonstration outside Lakenheath air base from midday until 3.
POLICE arrested six people at a Suffolk anti-war demo today.
About 60 people took part in what police described as a largely peaceful demonstration outside Lakenheath air base from midday until 3.30pm.
But a spokesman said two women and four men were arrested for obstructing the highway.
The arrested protestors were aged between 19 and 25, four were from Cambridge, one from Northamptonshire and one from Hertfordshire.
You may also want to watch:
All were taken to nearby Mildenhall Police Station for questioning.
- 1 Woman threatened to expose lorry driver's sexual relationship
- 2 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 3 More than £23k raised in memory of mum who died 2 days after giving birth
- 4 'Larger-than-life' Ipswich drama teacher Gloria Henshall dies
- 5 Film crews spotted in Ipswich town centre
- 6 What happened to Luke Durbin? Mum's renewed appeal 15 years after teenager vanished in Ipswich
- 7 Steam locomotive back in Suffolk for anniversary trips
- 8 Ipswich U18s fall to second-half Liverpool goals - how the FA Youth Cup semi-final unfolded....
- 9 Developers offer first view of 75 new homes near Ipswich
- 10 Ipswich Town reveal full retained list as six first-teamers get extended stays and eight depart