Six arrested at anti-war demo
POLICE arrested six people at a Suffolk anti-war protest today.About 60 people took part in what police described as a largely peaceful demonstration outside Lakenheath air base from midday until 3.
POLICE arrested six people at a Suffolk anti-war demo today.
About 60 people took part in what police described as a largely peaceful demonstration outside Lakenheath air base from midday until 3.30pm.
But a spokesman said two women and four men were arrested for obstructing the highway.
The arrested protestors were aged between 19 and 25, four were from Cambridge, one from Northamptonshire and one from Hertfordshire.
All were taken to nearby Mildenhall Police Station for questioning.
- 1 Ipswich Station closed as man arrested for possessing a firearm
- 2 The possible candidates as Ipswich Town search for new boss
- 3 Former BBC DJ to go live with new station
- 4 70 Kesgrave houses switch on for Festive Light Trail
- 5 The early betting favourites to be the next Town boss
- 6 'Would get Town promoted this season' - Ambrose reveals his choice for new boss
- 7 Two people reported rough sleeping every day in Ipswich last month
- 8 Suffolk set to be battered by strong winds as weather warning issued
- 9 Pair deny involvement in amphetamine and cannabis dealing
- 10 Stuart Watson's verdict: Cook sacking shows Town owners mean business