Fire crews called to Ipswich apartments after ‘strong smell of gas’
PUBLISHED: 12:13 16 May 2020 | UPDATED: 14:30 16 May 2020
Picture: GOOGLE MAPS
Two Ipswich fire crews were called to an apartment block in Portman Road after residents reported a strong smell of gas.
The fire engines, both from Princes Street, were sent to Churchman’s House at 10.48am this morning and remained on scene until this afternoon.
A spokesman for Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service said: “We were called to Churchman’s House in Portman Road after reports of a strong smell of gas.
“The gas supplier as well as the block management were also on scene and an investigation into the source of the smell took place.
“Fire crews worked alongside Cadent Gas in locating a gas leak within the premises and assisted in ventilation.”
If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Ipswich Star. Click the link in the orange box above for details.