Smoke logged car causes delay on A14
TRAFFIC was left in gridlock today after a man had to be rescused from his burning car.The accident happened at around 8.20am near the Shell garage on the A14 near the Orwell Bridge in Ipswich.
TRAFFIC was left in gridlock today after a car burst into flames on the A14.
The accident happened at around 8.20am near the Shell garage on the Stowmarket bound carriageway near to the Orwell Bridge in Ipswich.
The car driver believed to be from Martlesham managed to escape the Peugeot 405 estate car and was found standing near the vehicle which had smoke billowing from it.
A spokesman for Suffolk Police said: “We closed the road at 8.30am for a while but traffic was gradually being fed through at around 8.45pm.”
The spokesman said that although the vehicle had been removed, traffic had accumulated along the A14 both ways due to rubber necking.
- 1 Cycle wands being removed from Ipswich roads
- 2 Things you should know before visiting Spoon World Buffet and Bar
- 3 Ipswich School named among the best in the region
- 4 Plans submitted to turn special measures care home into hotel
- 5 Rudolph starts his run - when is he coming to your Ipswich street?
- 6 Gang jailed for 'horrific' torture attack on man in Ipswich home
- 7 Illegal immigrant caught running cannabis factory is jailed
- 8 Four charged over alleged samurai sword attack
- 9 Ipswich pubs offer cash reward to see spiking conviction
- 10 Ipswich Central prepares for new five-year term to change town