Snow and sleet warning tonight
SNOW showers are whisking their way over Suffolk's skies tonight, bringing up to 4cm.
SNOW showers are whisking their way over skies in Suffolk and Essex tonight, bringing up to 4cm in some parts.
In Bury St Edmunds and Ipswich snow has already begun falling and it is expected to hit the whole of Suffolk and parts of Essex.
Emma Coombs, a forecaster at Weatherquest, said at 6.15pm: “Snow is fairly likely tonight. It is snowing here in Norwich at the moment and western parts of Suffolk, Bury St Edmunds way, are probably seeing some already.
You may also want to watch:
“There is a chance of getting some accumulation on the ground - somewhere between 2-4 cms.
“I think as you go through the night there will be more precipitation to come but it will turn to sleet again later.
- 1 WATCH: England fan pulled out of water at Ipswich marina
- 2 Opening date confirmed for new indoor market in Ipswich's former Peacocks
- 3 Traffic at standstill on A12 between Ipswich and Colchester
- 4 'Stressed' bride forced to cut guest list just over a week before wedding
- 5 Flooding off the A14 causes emergency road closure in Ipswich
- 6 Man and woman charged in connection with the theft of 85 dogs
- 7 £1.4m home with swimming pool and tennis court for sale on edge of Ipswich
- 8 Drug courier delivering cocaine in Ipswich is jailed
- 9 'Happy-go-lucky' mum died in Ipswich days after news of second lockdown
- 10 Body of man, 22, found in River Orwell
“There should be a bit of a covering by tomorrow morning.”
She added: “It is moving southwards and will be another hour before Essex gets it.
“It will maybe not be quite as much there. There is a higher chance it will be a sleety, snowy mix. It is likely to fall more in western parts.”