Snow to fall over East Anglia this weekend - but it won’t settle for long
- Credit: Archant
Snow is expected to fall in Suffolk and Essex over the weekend - see the latest forecast here.
According to Richard Jones, forecaster at Weatherquest, the region is facing a few bitterly cold days with the chance of sleet, snow and nighttime frosts.
He said: “We have got a frosty night tonight (Friday) with minimum temperatures of -2C (28F).
“It will be a cold start tomorrow morning with noticeably bitter temperatures.
“Saturday will be largely dry with some bright and sunny spells through the day.
“As we go into the early hours of Sunday there will be a frost in the first part of the night.
“Then a weather front of sleet and snow will come in.
- 1 First look inside Ipswich's new Tim Hortons ahead of opening
- 2 Woman who claimed council tax support had income of £100k per year
- 3 ‘I’ve got no life’ - Ipswich woman's agony as she waits for operation
- 4 Drug dealer found with cannabis, 133 tablets and cash jailed
- 5 Star Suffolk breakfast blogger reveals her favourite food around Ipswich
- 6 Open day for Ipswich pub on sale for £300,000
- 7 Ladies night event in Kesgrave with strippers sold-out in five days
- 8 Lorry overturned on roundabout closes A14 near Felixstowe
- 9 Aldi chocolate and yoghurts containing metal among recent recalled products
- 10 Did you know these 10 pubs were open in Ipswich?
“Even in Suffolk we may see some accumulation of snow on Sunday.
“But this will turn to rain as the weather front pushes northwards.
“It will be a wetter day after the early sleet and snow.”