We have had snow in Ipswich today - but the flurry was short lived
- Credit: Archant
There has been a threat of snow for days but today there have been reports of brief flurries in Ipswich, Hadleigh, Raydon and Stowmarket, suggesting the arctic weather could be setting in.
Eagle-eyed snow watchers at the Waterfront in Ipswich even captured the first few snow flakes on video before it died out.
Staff at Le Tour Cafe posted a video with someone shouting: “The snow, the snow is here.”
Forecasters had predicted snow this morning, speaking earlier today Adam Dury, from Weatherquest, said: “There will be falling snow mixed with sleet and rain. People will see snow flakes falling from the sky today even if it is brief.”
The afternoon is expected to be drier but temperatures remain low and the threat of a full-scale snow storm setting in remains as we head towards the weekend.
Mr Dury added: “Temperatures will slowly go above freezing and by the afternoon it should be around 2C-3C with intervals of sun but overall it will be a cloudy day.”
Temperatures are expected to remain below freezing tomorrow with mist, fog, and rain expected first thing. Spots of rain are then predicted throughout the day.
If you see any snow make sure you email your pictures here.
- 1 Look inside stunning £950k home close to Christchurch Park in Ipswich
- 2 Lorry overturned on roundabout closes A14 near Felixstowe
- 3 A14 reopens after 'serious' crash involving three lorries
- 4 Road closed while fire crews tackle Martlesham blaze
- 5 Motorist angry over £100 'fine' at Ipswich car park
- 6 A12 partially reopens after crash near Copdock Interchange
- 7 Aldi chocolate and yoghurts containing metal among recent recalled products
- 8 Retired Felixstowe nurse fears eviction after struggle to find social housing
- 9 Ladies night event in Kesgrave with strippers sold-out in five days
- 10 Stowmarket man with foot fetish sexually assaulted woman