Sophie tour postponed
ONLY two days after it was announced that pop star Sophie Ellis Bextor was making a return visit to Ipswich, her UK tour has been postponed.Tickets for next year's date at the Regent had been due to go on sale tomorrow morning but they have now been put on hold until a new date for the concert has been arranged.
By Jo Macdonald
ONLY two days after it was announced that pop star Sophie Ellis Bextor was making a return visit to Ipswich, her UK tour has been postponed.
Tickets for next year's date at the Regent had been due to go on sale tomorrow morning but they have now been put on hold until a new date for the concert has been arranged.
The decision to postpone the tour was made by its promoters who set the schedule.
You may also want to watch:
A spokeswoman for the Regent said: "Due to unfortunate circumstances the sale of this tour has been postponed by the promoter until further notice.
"They insist it will still be going ahead but the dates will be changed."
- 1 Film crews spotted in Ipswich town centre
- 2 CCTV issued after man 'spits' at women in central Ipswich
- 3 ‘Demolition Man’ Cook tells vast majority of Ipswich Town squad to find new clubs
- 4 Could restaurant move into closed Little Waitrose in Ipswich?
- 5 Felixstowe man found with child porn given suspended sentence
- 6 Ipswich man charged with attempted murder
- 7 Man accused of stealing phone from woman in Ipswich street
- 8 Angry resident threatened with arrest over fake parking tickets
- 9 Lorry driver charged after £8.5m cocaine seizure
- 10 South African man jailed for stalking wife in Suffolk after they separated
Sophie, who used to front indie band theaudience shot to musical fame in 2000 when she topped the charts singing with Groovejet.
She quickly branched out on her own with four hit singles and a debut album – Read My Lips – which established her as one of Britain's most successful solo female artists and won her a Brit nomination in the process.
She toured the album early last year on a tour which included a sell out performance at the Regent in April. This was due to be her second UK tour and would have reunited her with her fans in Ipswich.
A new date will be announced when promoters have been able to rearrange the tour.