Sophie tour postponed
ONLY two days after it was announced that pop star Sophie Ellis Bextor was making a return visit to Ipswich, her UK tour has been postponed.Tickets for next year's date at the Regent had been due to go on sale tomorrow morning but they have now been put on hold until a new date for the concert has been arranged.
By Jo Macdonald
ONLY two days after it was announced that pop star Sophie Ellis Bextor was making a return visit to Ipswich, her UK tour has been postponed.
Tickets for next year's date at the Regent had been due to go on sale tomorrow morning but they have now been put on hold until a new date for the concert has been arranged.
The decision to postpone the tour was made by its promoters who set the schedule.
You may also want to watch:
A spokeswoman for the Regent said: "Due to unfortunate circumstances the sale of this tour has been postponed by the promoter until further notice.
"They insist it will still be going ahead but the dates will be changed."
- 1 Ipswich father caught with indecent images of children avoids jail
- 2 Suffolk postcode sees house prices rise by £100,000 in a year
- 3 Matchday Recap: All-square as Town and U's share six goals
- 4 Woman in 80s remains in hospital after serious collision in Ipswich
- 5 Will Ipswich betting shop be turned into fish and chip shop?
- 6 Kenyan school chums meet by 'unbelievable chance' at Suffolk village fete
- 7 Ipswich traffic measure 'on its way out' as petition launched
- 8 Plans to close A14 truck stop slammed amid driver shortage
- 9 Women facing prison after admitting robbery in Ipswich
- 10 'Massive success' - see pictures from Ipswich LGBT+ night
Sophie, who used to front indie band theaudience shot to musical fame in 2000 when she topped the charts singing with Groovejet.
She quickly branched out on her own with four hit singles and a debut album – Read My Lips – which established her as one of Britain's most successful solo female artists and won her a Brit nomination in the process.
She toured the album early last year on a tour which included a sell out performance at the Regent in April. This was due to be her second UK tour and would have reunited her with her fans in Ipswich.
A new date will be announced when promoters have been able to rearrange the tour.