Suffolk schoolgirl and BGT semi-finalist records song for Mother's Day
- Credit: Binu Nair
An 11-year-old schoolgirl from Bury St Edmunds - who made it to the semi-final of Britain's Got Talent and stole the hearts of the judges - has written her first ever song for Mother's Day.
Souparnika Nair, a pupil at Sebert Wood Community Primary School, has released the short greeting song, dedicating it to her mum Renjitha Nair and all other mothers across the world.
Souparnika impressed judges Simon Cowell, David Walliams, Alesha Dixon and Amanda Holden when she performed on the hit talent show back in September last year, narrowly missing out on a space in the show's final.
Now she has written her very first song, aged 11, and has shared it with people online.
"I am really happy with it," said Souparnika, who has been singing and recording songs to share with her thousands of fans on YouTube.
"I have wanted to write a song and with Mother's Day coming up it felt like the right time."
The song is a short greeting tune which Souparnika wrote herself, along with the tune.
Guitarist Adam from the Band Academy in Stowmarket accompanied her on the guitar.
- 1 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 2 Ipswich Town reveal full retained list as six first-teamers get extended stays and eight depart
- 3 Thieves use bank cards after stealing rucksack from Ipswich doorstep
- 4 New cocktail bar and tapas restaurant to open in Ipswich
- 5 Ipswich paedophile jailed for downloading indecent images of boys
- 6 CCTV issued after thieves steal almost £900 in toys and food from B&M
- 7 Man who spat at neighbour in racist attack given community order
- 8 Developers offer first view of 75 new homes near Ipswich
- 9 Drink-driver reversed into car while banned from the road
- 10 More than £23k raised in memory of mum who died 2 days after giving birth
The song includes the lyrics "you are the light that makes me shine" and "you are what makes me whole".
Now Souparnika, who also starred in BBC One’s Michael McIntyre’s Big Show and ITVs BGT Christmas Show, plans to write some more songs after trying her hand at song writing.