Special birthday for little William
A SPECIAL one-year-old and his doting parents are celebrating today after reaching a milestone birthday they feared he may never see.Michelle Crowley was terrified when little William began projectile vomiting at four months.
A SPECIAL one-year-old and his doting parents are celebrating today after reaching a milestone birthday they feared he may never see.
Michelle Crowley was terrified when little William began projectile vomiting at four months.
She and her partner, Matt Clemence, feared for the life of their baby but thankfully he received first class medical care and is now a bubbly and happy child.
Miss Crowley, 31, of Lysander Drive, Ravenswood, Ipswich, recalled that in July last year things started to go wrong when William began refusing food and the vomiting started.
An X-ray at Ipswich Hospital revealed William's bowel was twice the size it should have been and he was then transferred in an ambulance to the Norfolk and Norwich Hospital where he was treated for intussusception, an obstruction of the bowel, probably caused by a virus.
After an emergency operation, which lasted nearly two hours, William finally came out of surgery with five per cent of his bowel removed, but doing well, before returning home.
- 1 Most desirable places to live in Ipswich according to estate agents
- 2 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals locked up so far in 2022
- 3 Ipswich man charged with string of sexual offences
- 4 Plans for 440 homes and visitor centre in Ipswich Garden Suburb submitted
- 5 Woman 'froze' after seeing masked men with machetes in Ipswich
- 6 Ipswich Music Day 2022: All you need to know
- 7 OPINION: Free sporting activities for children return to Ipswich this summer
- 8 Missing 12-year-old girl from Ipswich found safe
- 9 Ipswich singer to perform UK festival tour after scoring club hit
- 10 Designer handbag stolen after car window smashed in Ipswich
Today, after celebrating William's first birthday a few weeks ago, Miss Crowley said: “He is fine and everything is normal now.
“He is a happy little boy and excited by everything like most one-year-olds are.
“What he's been through makes it extra-special celebrating his first birthday because at one point we didn't know it would happen.”
Has your child survived against the odds? Write to Your Letters, Evening Star, 30 Lower Brook Street, Ipswich IP4 1AN or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.