Specials cop some awards
SPECIAL constables have been honoured for giving up their free time to support regular police officers across west Suffolk.Awards were handed out during a ceremony held at the Athenaeum in Bury St Edmunds.
SPECIAL constables have been honoured for giving up their free time to support regular police officers across west Suffolk.
Awards were handed out during a ceremony held at the Athenaeum in Bury St Edmunds.
A police spokesman said: "The support of the specials is invaluable and members should feel proud that they have played a key role in assisting the constabulary to achieve the Suffolk First aim of making Suffolk the safest in county in England and Wales by 2006."
Awards were presented to acknowledge recruits from Bury, Mid Suffolk, Mildenhall and Stowmarket by western area police commander Chief Superintendent Mick Green.
You may also want to watch:
Those honoured include Simon Peel, Jane Mangnall, Russell Hartnett, Alexandra Gutteridge, Matt Bennington, Warren Langdown and Angela King.
- 1 First look at golf club's multi-million pound coastal homes development
- 2 Caravans pitched at Portman Road car park
- 3 ‘Unique’ farm in coveted river setting hits market for first time in 60 years
- 4 Luke Chambers: 'To be brutally honest, I didn't think I would be leaving the club this summer'
- 5 Felixstowe beach hut goes on sale for record price
- 6 'Mass of smoke' billows from roof in house fire
- 7 Lounge bar with bespoke cocktails and tapas to open at Ipswich waterfront
- 8 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 9 Kesgrave shooting: Trial set to start as boy, 16, denies attempted murder
- 10 A14 delays as police deal with incident near Orwell Bridge