Split decision on application
A MEMORABILIA collector has caused a split between decision-makers who are considering whether he can live next door to his museum.Tony Albrow has created a military museum in the former hospital used by the United States 95th Bomb Group based at Horham and Denham, near Eye, during the Second World War.
A MEMORABILIA collector has caused a split between decision-makers who are considering whether he can live next door to his museum.
Tony Albrow has created a military museum in the former hospital used by the United States 95th Bomber Group based at Horham and Denham, near Eye, during the Second World War.
Post-war the buildings were used for mushroom farming and 20 years ago planning permission was granted to a husband and wife to live in a mobile home next to the site.
The couple have now sold the home to Mr and Mrs Albrow who are seeking permission to live there in close proximity to the museum. But Mid Suffolk District Council planning officers say the permission formerly granted was personal to the mushroom farmers and should not be passed on to the new owners.
You may also want to watch:
"A dwelling in association with a museum would not be granted here in the countryside and, by association, a mobile home should not be treated any different," said a report presented to members of the area planning committee.
A motion to grant permission resulted in a stalemate 3-3 vote and committee chairman, Audrey Lilley, directed that the application should be dealt with by the more senior planning referrals committee.
- 1 Woman in 20s dies in single car crash on A12 in Suffolk
- 2 Man taken to hospital after becoming stuck in mud in Ipswich riverbank
- 3 WATCH: Ever Given docks at Felixstowe after four-month delay
- 4 Couple avoid jail for campaign of harassment against neighbour
- 5 New streetfood restaurant set to open in Ipswich Corn Exchange
- 6 Man jailed for attacking teenage girl with saucepan and meat cleaver in Ipswich
- 7 Ipswich man charged over alleged cocaine dealing
- 8 Developer 'ecstatic' as multi-million pound town hotel gets green light
- 9 Five of the best places to cure your hangover in Ipswich