Spooky theme to Christchurch Park firework display on October 31
- Credit: Ashley Pickering/Anglia Picture
There will be an army of ghouls and zombies filling Christchurch Park next month – but do not let that put you off watching Ipswich’s Halloween firework display.
The spooky event will return to the town on October 31 and will repeat the scarily successful theme of last year’s show.
Among an army of themed performers providing surprises at every turn will be eerily-lit gravestones, thunder and lightning effects and live music.
The 44th annual firework display will form the main attraction, this time on a new date to tie in with the theme.
The display will be set to music with the show itself provided by Alchemy Fireworks.
The evening itself is organised by the 11th Ipswich Scouts with the money raised helping to fund scouting opportunities for hundreds of young people.
The park will open for the event at 6pm, as will the House of Horrors funfair. A range of spooky events will then kick-off at 6.30pm.
- 1 Ipswich families unable to heat mouldy homes get action from landlord
- 2 Is Ipswich really England's oldest town? Experts give their view
- 3 Take a look inside new Ipswich restaurant that makes pizza the 'proper way'
- 4 Man denies stealing £1,275 from charity
- 5 21 massive acts coming to Ipswich this year
- 6 Inside Shrubland Hall: The James Bond mansion with no licence to wed
- 7 Drunk driver travelled up A14 slip road the wrong way
- 8 Matchday Recap: Town beaten 2-0 at Bolton
- 9 Road reopens after five miles of tailbacks on A12 due to lane closure
- 10 House of Tweed leaves Ipswich after Christmas season
Also on the night will be a Scarefest Procession with members of the public encouraged to dress up in Halloween costumes and take part.
The best-dressed entries will be judged by a team from Town 102fm radio station at 7.25pm and then at 8pm is the main event, the firework display itself.
The park will close at 10pm.
Nigel Dixon from East Coast Productions said: “With 200 performers we have pulled out all of the stops to create an amazing and unforgettable live animated experience for the people of Suffolk.”