Spring time arrives
IT'S time to ditch those wintery coats and scarves and head off for a stroll in the sunshine – the days are getting warmer.Friday heralds the start of spring and with temperatures rising throughout the week it will begin to feel like it too.
IT'S time to ditch those wintery coats and scarves and head off for a stroll in the sunshine – the days are getting warmer.
Friday heralds the start of spring and with temperatures rising throughout the week it will begin to feel like it too.
Long periods of sunshine will continue all week following in the footsteps of Sunday's fine weather, which saw clear blue skies.
Sunday saw temperatures of 51F (11 C) and which will creep up throughout the week to around 57 F or 14 C.
You may also want to watch:
"Sunday's temperature was surprising because it felt warmer," said Star weatherman Ken Blowers. "That was down to a combination of 10 hours of sunshine and light winds from the south east, although it was far from being the warmest day."
The warmest day so far this year was on March 9 and more surprisingly January 27, which saw temperatures at 58 F (14C).
- 1 Felixstowe beach hut goes on sale for record price
- 2 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 3 A14 delays as police deal with incident near Orwell Bridge
- 4 Meet the Ipswich teenage singer who gave £17.5k away to charity
- 5 Duo jailed after 63 bags of cocaine found in hotel room
- 6 Jailed in Suffolk: See the three men locked up this week
- 7 Ipswich man charged with attempted murder
- 8 Man to face trial over claims he sexually assaulted toddler in the street
- 9 Indian Covid variant being monitored in Suffolk after one case confirmed
- 10 Kesgrave Kitchen praised by local MP after 'fantastic' transformation
Clocks go back one hour at 2 am on Sunday March 30 bringing with it lighter nights.