St John Ambulance volunteer Bryony Charles gets personal video message from Kylie Minogue after stock car crash
- Credit: Archant
She had been looking forward to volunteering for St John Ambulance at Kylie Minogue’s Newmarket concert last night – but a freak accident at another event meant Bryony Charles instead spent the evening in hospital.
But the 23-year-old received a welcome pick-me-up when the pop superstar sent her a signed present and a personal video message.
Miss Charles was with St John Ambulance at Foxhall Stadium last Saturday when a stock car left the track and crashed across the centre green.
Miss Charles was left with a number of injuries and stuck in hospital requiring an operation on her ankle. Volunteering at the Kylie gig was out of the question and her mum Debbie mentioned this in an interview during the week. Then, lying in her hospital bed yesterday, Miss Charles was shocked to see fellow volunteer Alistair MacKay arrive with a signed photo and a video message from the singer.
She said: “I’ve been overwhelmed by the amount of support everyone has shown me this week and now to have this from Kylie is just the icing on the cake.
“I thank Kylie and her team so much for taking the time out to make a personalised video message and signed photograph.
“Thank you so much to everyone who’s helped make this happen, it’s more than I could ever have imagined.”
- 1 Police seek driver who failed to stop at scene of crash
- 2 Ipswich primary school closed for 'maintenance investigations'
- 3 Dedicated daughter steps up after tragic death of 'amazing' mum Heidi
- 4 Ipswich man jailed for three years for attempted robbery
- 5 9 Ipswich restaurants we wish had never closed
- 6 10 pictures of Ipswich pub's light switch-on
- 7 Ipswich Travelodge developer celebrates £7.4m bank backing
- 8 New gift card to encourage shoppers to use Ipswich town centre
- 9 New Ipswich council houses and microhomes win awards
- 10 'My son has never seen a health visitor' - Pandemic parents battle
Mr MacKay added: “Bryony had a look of amazement when I presented her with a signed photo from Kylie. She couldn’t stop smiling until I then presented her with a personalised video message of support from Kylie and then the tears started.”