St Margaret's reunion
ST Margaret's Youth Fellowship is inviting former members to a reunion.The group was started in 1947 when Canon Robert Tinsley Warburton came to look after the parish of St Margaret's Church, in Ipswich.
ST Margaret's Youth Fellowship is inviting former members to a reunion.
The group was started in 1947 when Canon Robert Tinsley Warburton came to look after the parish of St Margaret's Church, in Ipswich.
It was a popular group and carried on up until 1956. Still today old members keep in touch to reminisce about their times together.
Ivan Brown, 71, is hoping to organise the event for March 16, to bring members as far a field as Spain back together.
"We had some wonderful times together including a trip to the Olympics in London in 1948 and seats at the last production of Oklahoma staring Howard Keel, also in London. We all made some great firm friends over the years and try to keep in touch with as many as possible. When it first started I was a member of the church choir and so I automatically became part of the fellowship.
"There used to be so many of these groups and now there is very few. We just want to know how as many people as possible are getting on. Sadly some of our original members have started to pass away so we want to find out about those who we have not been in contact with.
- 1 Drug dealers jailed after police seize cocaine from van and home
- 2 Six arrested following two incidents involving knives in Ipswich
- 3 Two men spit at victim and demand money near Ipswich Waterfront
- 4 When and where will the thunderstorms hit Suffolk?
- 5 Missing 17-year-old girl found safe and well
- 6 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
- 7 7 roadworks to be aware of in Suffolk this week
- 8 Go-ahead for business park project that could create 350 jobs in Ipswich
- 9 Racing bike worth more than £1,000 stolen outside Sainsbury's in Ipswich
- 10 Three supercars pulled over in village for having no front number plates
"This time we are meeting for lunch at the Suffolk Ski Centre and we are hoping for a really good turn out. People are coming from all over including Bournemouth, Cromer and may be even a couple from Spain," he said.
If you would like to meet up with old friends then please contact Ivan at 86 Radcliffe Drive, Ipswich and you will be most welcome.
These are some of the names Ivan is anxious to find out about.
Sylvia Beaumont, Gordon Brock, David Bugg, Redvers Cass; Gillian Childs, Jean Cook, Eddie Double, Roy Gooding, Jean Green, E.A Hawes, David King, Peter King and Anne Messent.