Stansted runway re-opens after snow
STANSTED Airport has re-opened after snow was cleared from the runway.Heavy snowfall earlier today meant flights in and out of the Essex airport were temporarily stopped.
STANSTED Airport has re-opened after snow was cleared from the runway.
Heavy snowfall earlier today meant flights in and out of the Essex airport were temporarily stopped.
A spokesman for operator BAA said despite the reopening passengers would still face delays
“The runway is now operational. However, flights into and out of the airport are subject to delay or cancellation,” he said.
“We strongly advise passengers to check with their airline before departing for the airport. If travelling to the airport, please allow extra time as road and rail networks may also experience disruption.
“The Stansted Express is running as normal.”
- 1 Devastated family wrongly told prisoner hanged himself weeks before release
- 2 Ipswich man jailed for 25 years after teen left paralysed in shooting
- 3 Armed police arrest two 16-year-olds on suspicion of firearms offences
- 4 10,000 listeners tune in to new Suffolk radio station
- 5 How Covid restrictions will change in England this week
- 6 Serious fire breaks out at home in Woodbridge
- 7 'Dire for hospitality in Ipswich' - grill owner hits out at hardship grants
- 8 'It's very frustrating': Anger as £150 stolen from charity shop in Felixstowe
- 9 'Depraved' Felixstowe man jailed for child sex offences
- 10 Weather warning in place for Suffolk as temperatures plunge below freezing
Gatwick and Heathrow airports are still open but several flights have been cancelled or delayed.