Stock up with medicines this weekend
HEALTH experts are advising people to keep a well-stocked medicine cupboard as many services will close during the Easter period.Some GP surgeries, dentists and pharmacies have restricted opening hours this weekend which could make it difficult to get hold of essential treatments.
HEALTH experts are advising people to keep a well-stocked medicine cupboard as many services will close during the Easter period.
Some GP surgeries, dentists and pharmacies have restricted opening hours this weekend and advice from the Suffolk Primary Care Trust (PCT) is that the ideal medicine cabinet should include paracetamol tablets and syrup for children, aspirin, ibuprofen for injuries like sore muscles, antihistamines to treat itchy skin and other irritations, decongestants, cough medicine and sore throat lozenges, anti-diarrhoea medicines, re-hydration solutions, indigestion remedies and travel sickness tablets.
It added that pharmacists can help give expert advice on treating everyday common ailments and those needing to see a doctor should call their GP surgery.
Those needing urgent dental treatment can call NHS Direct on 0845 4647 for advice on the nearest available dental practice.
You may also want to watch:
The minor injuries unit at the Riverside Clinic, Landseer Road, Ipswich, is open 8am to 10pm daily and can be contacted on 01473 299622.
The minor injuries unit at the Bartlet Hospital, Undercliff Road East, Felixstowe is open 7am to 10pm daily and can be contacted on 01394 458848.
- 1 Ipswich council faces financial black hole over empty BHS store
- 2 Man dies after being struck by lorry near A12
- 3 Suffolk man waits 12 hours for ambulance after suffering stroke
- 4 Felixstowe woman accused of setting fire to caravan and drink driving
- 5 Royal Mail confirms removal of Ipswich postbox
- 6 Arrest warrants issued for men facing sheep charges
- 7 Members of 'notorious' Ipswich gang jailed for 19 years
- 8 Ipswich reports England's highest rise in Covid infection rate
- 9 Life sentence for man who stabbed and left woman in field near Ipswich
- 10 Budding musician caught with drugs in buttocks is spared prison